Chapter 51: Helping Out An Old Friend

3 POV

Vanitas eyes open up seeing that he is inside somekind of house.

Vanitas: Where am I?

He slowly got up seeing that his body is cover with bandage, his body from his torsos to both his shoulders and arms. He turn seeing a little girl looking at him before running off.

Vanitas: ...

Vanitas slowly get up from the bed using his magic to summon his combat clothes. He then notice his book on the table. Picking it up and strapping in on his waist.

???: Vanitas.

He turn towards the voice seeing Angelica. They look at each other both blue eyes staring into each other, a bright blue eyes meet a dull blue eyes.

Vanitas: Angelica. Thank you.

He just simply thank her and was about to walk out until she stop him.

Vanitas: You shouldn't be moving around. You have several broken ribs and bones.

Vanitas: I'll be fine.

Angelica: Saying that won't be enough to convince me, Vanitas. You're in no state move around not alone fight. I didn't save you just for you to throw your life away.

Vanitas: *sigh* Fine then, I'll wait.

His clothes change to his old clothes without his coat.

Mayumi: Wow!

The little blonde girl that hid behind Angelica came out of hiding. Her eyes sparkle with star.

Mayumi: Mister is that your magic?

Vanitas was taken it back by this.

Vanitas: This is my-

Angelica: Yes dear, that's his magic.

Vanitas: Dear? Is she?

He also see Maha Amulet on the little girl neck.

Angelica: Yes she is my daughter, the one I talk about.

He look towards the girl blinking for a bit, then turn to Angelica.

Vanitas: She doesn't look 1 year old.

Angelica: It's my fault, Mayumi look like that.

The two of them sit down on the bed while Mayumi go outside to play.

Vanitas: Mind telling me why your 1 year old daughter look like a 5 years old?

Angelica: Well... After I give birth to her. I try giving her magic circuits like the one that I was given while working with Clock Tower.

Vanitas: The organization that I burn to the ground.

Angelica: Anyway, I failed. But one day while I was traveling I stumble into a hidden library.

Vanitas: A hidden library?

Angelica: Yeah, I go through that hidden library it would seem like it was abandoned but there are still many book there. But that wasn't some abandoned library, it is a magic library. I fine a time alter book.

Vanitas: Time Alter?

Angelica: I don't know much but thank to the magic circuits inside me, I use the magic inside it on Mayumi.

Vanitas: That sounds extremely stupid.

Angelica: Well raising a child alone while having nothing under your name is hard.

Vanitas: Wait so where is the father?

Angelica: He was announced deceased.

Vanitas: I see.