Fake-Out

It was smooth sailing after the crew of the ATINY left the port of Juridion; no krakens, no storms, and certainly no Cezanne Luter. It was the most peaceful their journey had been since all those months ago when they first lifted anchor and left the accursed country of Signeria. Hongjoong didn't go to bed as drained as he usually did – for being captain was tiring work – and Seonghwa found himself actually sleeping. In little fits, bursts of about half an hour or so, but nonetheless, it was better than not sleeping at all (though Hongjoong always made sure to purchase Aronica tablets every time they stopped off for supplies).

Though for those with authority aboard the ship it was a nice break from all the stress of combat, rival pirate crews and the like, some of the other crewmates were getting restless from the lack of excitement.

Namely, Wooyoung.

"How long until we get to the island?" he'd ask at least once a day – several times if he was really bored – even if it was to somebody who had no idea in the ways of navigation. "I'm so bored," he groaned, flopping over the railing and staring at the sea passing by below, at the shoals of fish keeping pace with the ship, the one or two braver ones coming closer to the surface to chance a look. "Can we just find that treasure and everything already?"

"I don't know," Yeosang shrugged as he joined his close friend at the edge of the deck. "I'm quite enjoying all the peace and quiet. It's better than almost being sunk by a kraken, eh?"

"Yeah, but that's better than just sitting around and doing nothing," Wooyoung grumbled.

"Speaking of which, it's your turn on the helm – Mingi's shift has just finished."

Wooyoung groaned, and lifted himself off the railing, muttering complaints.

Just then, a shout came from the main crow's nest.

"Land! Land to starboard!" came Yunho's cry as he clambered down the rigging with one hand, waving his telescope with the other. He had been up on lookout duty until now.

He jumped down the last metre or so, and rushed over to the captain.

"Land," he said again breathlessly. "I'm positive it's what we're looking for – it has the twin volcanoes or mountains or whatever they are and everything."

"Awesome," Hongjoong said, eyebrows shooting up in his face in welcome surprise as he turned to start climbing the steps to the forecastle. "Approximately how far away is it?"

"About one nautical mile," Yunho replied.

"Great," Hongjoong said, and motioned for Mingi to move off the wheel. "I'll take it," he said to the fairy, who smiled and nodded and headed off to join Yunho's side.

Wooyoung, in the distance, sighed out loudly in relief.

"Alright then guys," Hongjoong said, louder so the rest of the crew above-deck could hear, "let's go find us some treasure!"

A cacophony of enthusiastic shouts rose up in answer.

* * *

They reached the island quite quickly – thanks to Jongho's wind-controlling ability – and they found a suitable beach beside the cliff-face to sail to after dropping anchor.

Finally came the use for the little, tiny fishing boats the ATINY hosted, for situations exactly like this. (Or if the ship was sinking, but so far (apart from the kraken) there had been no risk of that.)

The crew agreed that ATEEZ would travel to the island whilst the others guarded the ship, as there weren't that many small boats, and there was always the danger of Cezanne Luter and her crew looming over them.