Together

Suggested listening: Olly Murs, Demi Lovato - Up

The Sun was setting quietly over the couple's house, and while they were walking the flowery path which led to the main door, Jin and Hwoarang couldn't but feel the new beginning cuddling their bodies and warming up their bones. They look into each other's eyes, smiling, catching a quick, almost shy kiss. They felt both as if it were the first day together, and if they never broke up to begin with. And all the pain, the heartache, the loneliness they had faced vanished together with the last rays of the Sun.

-It's good to be home. I missed it so much. Almost like I missed you. It's our cradle, you know? Our own bubble of time and space where everything can be easy.

-Being in it alone wasn't easy, though. The place seemed cold and empty, even though the same.

-I will never keep anything from you again, this is the only vow I'll ever make. And I mean it, I learned the lesson the hard way, with no intention to go back to that state of mind.

-I hope so. And I, on my part, swear to listen to you more. And more carefully. I can be stubborn, and it doesn't work well with being receptive of others.

They stood in silence, looking at each other, gently caressing each other's skin. They both almost trembled at the touch, a touch they had missed for too long, as if they were rediscovering their lover's body.

-Hwoarang, I love you. I adore you, even.

-As I do you. You're still the most beautiful human being I've ever seen in my entire life.

Jin smiled, a smile the Korean hadn't seen in a long time. -You know you still have work to do, though. You told me... you do have a problem. Don't you?

Hwoarang sighed. -I do. And it's all my doing, too. What if I can't overcome it? What if I will have to live like that forever? You won't ever accept another failure from my part, and I...

-Love, you're spiraling. I overcame my fears, I'm still working on my trauma with Doctor Miura, and I wouldn't have gone there if it weren't for you. This time, let me help you. We will find a way. Be it a doctor, meetings or even rehab if you feel like it. We're lucky enough to say money isn't a problem, so let's concentrate on the present. Only the present. One foot in front of the other, and one day you'll look back, and you'll be there.

-You're right. We'll explore our options, and I will do my best, for myself, and for us.

-Whatever comes at us, we will face it.

-Together?

-Together.

THE END

TO BE CONTINUED...

Author's note

If you reached the end of this fanfiction, you're probably as obsessed as I am with the Tekken world, and with Jin and Hwoarang characters in particular. I started writing almost two months ago, after finding only old fanfics online, mostly incomplete, too. I, then, decided to write one on my own.

It may sound cheesy, but it made me grow up a lot. I had never written a full "book" in prose in English before -I am Italian, therefore a non-native speaker- so it was a challenge I decided to take on. Moreover, it made me explore the Tekken lore in-depth, looking for any mistake of mine, so I got to know "everyone" a lot more. And I totally loved the process.

Jin and Hwoarang have always been my favourite characters, Hwoarang, in particular, has been my main in the game since I was 9, and their ship is one not everyone is on board with, but one I deeply believe in. I love their chemistry, how easily they connect to each other. It made playing Tekken different too for me! And it's not a couple I am ready to let go of any soon. I have something of both tattooed on me, I'm not joking around!

Jin tattoo

Hwoarang tattoo

Hwoarang tattoo

This is the end of The Devil In You; but soon enough, probably in a couple of days if I know myself well, I will start the second book of these lovers' story, the title of which I haven't decided yet

This is the end of The Devil In You; but soon enough, probably in a couple of days if I know myself well, I will start the second book of these lovers' story, the title of which I haven't decided yet. It will be still published here on Wattpad, so be sure to have your notifications on!

Thanks to everyone who believed in me and my crazy path in the world of fanfictions; in particular, I want to thank Marco, my husband, for the patience and the passion with which he read my story, chapter after chapter, and my friends Francesca and Franny, who were my best readers and commenters, the best anyone could ask for. If I decided to continue with this project, it's mainly thanks to you and your never-ending support.

See you on the other side,

Banshee Wicked