Chapt 27

Celeste

The tinted window of his mystery car rolls down, so he sticks his head out of it and waits sweetly until the voice box lights up with the sound of a woman's preppy voice. He inhales and clears his throat as if he were at a speech before darting that pink tongue of his out of his mouth and letting it coat his two lips with self lubricant. I gawk at him, sucking my bottom lip in and tugging it between my teeth as he throws his elbow out of the car and splays his arm on top of the seal of the window.

"Yes, ma'am. Can I have two double cheeseburgers. One of the burgers can be all the way: lettuce, onions, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise. On the other cheeseburger I'd like only mustard and onions please. Make one of the burgers a combination, a side of cheese fries, and a coke to drink" he orders.

He pulls back from the window and veers his head around to see me sitting in the passenger seat and just looking at him. "What would you like, darling?" His voice rasps. His gray eyes are chilled, but they still make me burn from blushing.

"I'd like a cheeseburger combo with only ketchup, lettuce, and mayonnaise. I want regular fries, and a water" I answer him. I quickly searched the menu up on my phone as he pulled into the lot of this place. I've never been here before, I'm not sure if we even have this back at home.

His eyes gaze upon mine as I speak my order to him, and he is plastering his face with a golden smile. As I am done ordering my food, he turns back to the window and inches closer to the little voice box again. "And may I have another cheeseburger combination, please. I'd only like ketchup, lettuce, and mayo on that one, a side of fries, and bottled water — also, can we have a few of those little ketchup packets?" He asks with an even sweeter tone. It makes me smile. He looks so cute.

"Yes, sir. If that will be all for you today you can proceed to the next window. Enjoy" she responds.

Xyle pulls his right hand from my left thigh and wraps his long fingers around the steering wheel. Pressing the gas lightly, he moves the car forward before he comes to a smooth stop. He pulls his wallet from his back pocket and flicks the thick thing open to take a single card from it. He has so many. He drops it, letting it splay onto his lap as he waits patiently. When the girl opens the window, I see that she has two cute pigtails. She has a cute smile on her face as she stands up straight.

"Your total is twenty two, seventy two" she says.

Xyle veers his head towards the girl and reaches his arm out of the window to give her his card. She cautiously takes it and in the split of a second, she is pulling her arm back and closing the window. The man of my dreams turns over to me and lets his head roll on the front of the headrest on his seat. He's still smiling.

"You may be asking why I've driven you two hours away from home, and I'm here to say No it wasn't because I craved this certain type of burger. We're going to go meet someone. We'll sit and eat with that person, and talk".

I mirror his sweet but crazy smile, not knowing what to expect with him. What gets me is that he says we've driven two hours. I had no clue it was that long. With his entertaining games of I spy, it felt quicker than it actually was. I tilt my head a bit to the side and eye him. "Then why do you look so nervous?".

His eyebrows begin to touch as he looks at me. He didn't think I'd notice? He usually has finely tanned skin, but it's hard to see when he's blushing crimson and changing to a different color.

The sound of the food place's window opens and it gives Xyle the perfect opportunity to switch subjects and forget I ever called him out on his change of shades. He turns away from me and reaches a hand out for his card. He quickly pulls back and sticks it into his wallet before he grabs our drinks. I smile. They've given us two straws. I'll use one. He gives me my bottle of water and I don't hesitate to open it and have a sip. He fiddles with the paper of his straw before he gets it to open. He sticks it inside of his drink and haves a quick sip before he places it into the cup holder. The window opens again so he turns to get our bags of food. He opens the top to have a peak.