Chapt 16

Celeste

Hours later, I am standing inside of my kitchen preparing to cut watermelon as the sweet but not innocent tattoo lays at my hip. Draped in a bathing suit top that rises a few inches from my waist, and bottoms that inch low off of my waist, my new ink is more than visible to the people here in my home tonight.

The music sounds like a faint rhythm and beat now that Im in-side and not out. The back door does well with shielding the sounds away, but the window I'm standing in front of allows me a piece of it, and I move my hips to the beat as I press the knife deep into the fruit. The watermelon was Nelia's request, not mine. It is the fruit I dislike the most. If I had a choice I would choose more pineapples but I've eaten them all earlier.

At the sound of my front door opening and people cheering I turn and crane my neck to see what all the fuss is about. There is a short woman with blonde locks, another woman with red hair, and a much taller woman with slender legs who enters. She's holding a pack of beer in her hands. I'm guessing she is Dacre's friend. I turn back around to hurry, finishing with the watermelon before I scoop it into a bowl and walk over to greet my new guests. They're happy and it's hard not to mirror it.

"You must be the birthday girl?" The woman with blonde hair is first to speak, her eyebrows raising and her smile pinching into her eyes and causing them to crease more than before.

I nod, smiling and tilting my head a bit. "What gave it away?".

The woman holding the pack of beer chimes in, her smile big as well and mirroring the blonde woman. "It's your aura, and this gorgeous bathing suit you're wearing. Happy birthday!".

Before I can make my mouth move to tell her thank you, she is raising her arms and draping them over my neck. She brings me in for a tight hug and stays put for a few seconds before she backs away. I learn now that she has a bit of a personality.

"Yeah, happy birthday! I got you something!" The woman with beautiful red hair holds up a hand. There's a small pink and glittery bag she's holding by the strings. I can see decorative paper toppling out a bit. It makes me smile. I hadn't expected any gifts from anyone besides my closest friends and family.

I pout a bit as I take the pretty bag. "Really? This is my first gift all night" I admit. Nelia and Dacre said that they'd give me gifts when we sang happy birthday, and for some reason they were adamant on what they said. I have no clue what to even expect from those two. It could be something cute or scary.

"I'm sure there are more to come. Let me hold this for you" she takes the bowl of watermelon as I open the bag. I pull the cute decor pieces out and place my eyes against something clear and filled with water. When I take it out I see that it is a globe with a ram inside of it. When I shake it there are red and silver pieces of glitter that float around in the water. It's so pretty.

I peer my eyes back up at her, wanting to throw myself at her. "This is so gorgeous, as a kid I loved snow globes" I tell her. It isn't a snow globe, but it's similar and I'm going to place it at the middle of the shelf inside of the living area near the picture frames of my family and friends. It would make good decor.

"Dacre told us all about it, so I guess this could also be from him as well as us. I'm glad you like it" she smiles, leaning the glass bowl towards me to take and I do. I thank her once more before her and her friends walk through my house and out of the back door where everyone else is. I place the glass bowl onto the counter and make my way into the living area where I sit the gorgeous globe down into its new found home. It looks as if it belongs. I gaze at it for a bit before remembering that Nelia and probably some other people wanted more fruit.