//27//: Somewhat Euphoric

Começar do início

"Did I ask for the compliment?" He raised a brow, his eyes fixated on his phone as he didn't bother sparing me a glance.

"Jerk." I muttered underneath my breath, and went back inside. Today was the day I start cooking apparently and I just can't wait. I'm eager. I miss eating my handmade food. I went straight back to my room, locking it of course.

I clapped my hands to switch on the lights. I'm never getting used to this thing.

You don't understand how much you really mean to me....

"Kubraaa!"

"My baby."

"My love."

"Girl, I miss you like crazy." She ranted over the phone. I could sense her eating a bowl of potato salad.

"I miss you more guy."

"How's the whole wife marriage thingy?"

"At least we are both still alive aren't we? So I guess Alhamdullilah." I chuckled softly stretching my legs on the pillows.

It's quite surprising that both I and Jerkilace are still alive. If it weren't haram, trust me when I say I would have butchered his ears and tantalizing lips and sold it to that ugly goblin he considers a friend.

Anytime I recall the deep glares I had been receiving from her, during the wedding events, it sends frissons down my spine. Yes, I admit I don't like her but at least I don't unnecessarily prey into people's skin with my eyes. That's very discourteous and disrespectful. I have no idea what I did to her but whatever it is, I'm certain she hates me more than she did before.

"We're coming over in the next two hours so keep our food stacked!" She yelled over the phone. It sounded like she was in a drilling company of some sort. Probably with her Dad.

"By we you mean?"

"Bunch of Crazist! We know you missed us. We'll link up later, okay? Love you!" She hung up the phone before I could even respond.

Of course she had just lightened up my morning. Without a second thought, I rushed to the kitchen to prepare lunch, of course with the assistance of two other chefs. I would need a hand or two.

In no time, lunch was set. Chicken fried steaks, Macaroni and cheese, Ham and cheese pinwheels, Cauliflower tacos, Buffalo Chicken Wraps With Blue Cheese and Celery, then Basmati rice and kidney sauce.

These are typical foods I know my friends would scavenge on without a second thought. Also, the workers would be delighted with it. Farooq? I don't know what he'll think. Today is the first time he's going to be tasting my food and I do hope he likes it. I wouldn't want my husband preying for other people's food instead of mine, would I?

I didn't bother preparing any special drinks because there are lots of juices and drinks in the refrigerator which would be enough for them.

"Helen, set the food on the dining table. I want to go and pray." I instructed the head chef before sauntering out of the kitchen.

I prayed Zuhr prayer then changed into a dark purple cotton full dress with high a neckline, light trumpet sleeves, with some Swarovski stones glued on the bust area. I wrapped a violet jersey scarf around my head. Threw on some amethyst accessories here and there, then slipped on a pair of violet pumps not before spritzing my signature raspberry scented perfume.

"Hey." I waved at Farooq who just ended a phone call once again. He was on the sofa, leg crossed, watching some sort of boring documentary on the TV before he halted as I descended from upstairs.

His eyes were glued on me once again, analyzing every single detail. In a good way or bad way? Only he can answer that. "Are we expecting guests?" He inquired.