27 | investigation gone wrong

billie's pov:

weeks have passed and lani's symptoms have not changed. margie and i are convinced that's she's sick and hiding it from us.

"billie vouch for me!" lani yelled to me as her and margie were debating about something.

"what am i about to lie about?" i rose my eyebrows.

lani playfully squinted before saying "tell margie that i'm always up and outta bed by noon."

i made a straight face. "now why would i lie to sweet margaret like that?"

lani playfully dropped her jaw. "oh you two are some bitches. y'all been teaming up against me lately."

"not true," margie shook her head.

"mhm," lani squinted before making a strange face and grabbing on to the chair.

"you okay?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"ye- yeah i just have to pee," she quickly went to the bathroom.

margie and i squinted at each other before quietly walking to the bathroom and standing by the door to listen.

lani started vomiting. she ran the faucet water to cover the sound im guessing, but we could still here a loud pouring sound into the toilet. it was kind of clear what it was because pee does not sound like that.

sooo wtf.

lani flushed the toilet and margie and i quickly sped off back into the living room like, acting like nothing happened.

lani spent a couple more minutes in the bathroom before coming out. "hey i'm um about to go see lily," she cleared her throat as she grabbed her purse and keys.

"right now?" i furrowed my eyebrows. "you've been with her a lot."

"yeah remember i told you we were going to lunch for 2."

"well are you gonna help me choose fits for my LA shows?" i asked. "the first one is tomorrow."

she looked at her apple watch. "uh yeah i got time. but i have to be there by 2 so cmon."

"oh sorry i didn't know y'all had a specific time and everything," i said sarcastically.

"i just can't be late b," she sighed.

i squinted. "what, do y'all have reservations? why are you so adamant about being on time to a damn cafe?"

she tilted her head at me with an attitude. "i'm sorry," she rose her eyebrows. "do you have a problem with me wanting to be on time to something?"

i sighed and just dropped it because i didn't feel like dealing with her moody ass right now. "you know what, just go ahead," i scoffed, shaking my head. "better hope you don't vomit all over y'all's food," i mumbled.

she snapped her head to me with slight shock in her eyes. "excuse me? what did you just say?" she rose her voice.

"oh don't front like you weren't just in the bathroom puking your guts out!" i exclaimed.

margie eyes got wide and she quietly walked out of the living room, into another room.

smart girl.

lani sucked her teeth in annoyance and seemingly anger. "you don't know what you're talking about," she said calmly.

"i know you're sick," i huffed.

she squinted. "i am not sick," she said sternly.

"there's no sense in lying about it lani!" i slapped my thigh. "i've noticed all your symptoms! you have literal symptoms of a brain tumor."