19 | you led me on?

"i didn't like how you were ignoring me at the table the other day either," i crossed my arms to billie as we were on our way back from malibu.

"sorry i just didn't like hearing about you leaving me," she scratched her forehead.

"well billie-"

"lani i really don't wanna talk about it-"

"billie we need to!" i exclaimed.

she sighed.

"we have to baby," i rubbed her thigh. "we need to figure out what we're gonna do."

"what we're gonna do?" she quickly looked back and forth from the road to me. "what, like break up?" she raised her voice in worry.

"no baby," i started with a chuckle. "just how we're gonna do the long distance and how we're gonna manage."

she groaned. "how much i gotta pay you to stay here with me?"

i sighed with a chuckle. "billie i-"

"just hear me out though," she started. "so many modeling agencies out here for you to get into. you- you could move in with me-"

"okay b," i cut her off. "live with each other? we've known each other for like 3 months but we've only been together for like 2."

"what's your point?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"is that a good idea?"

"lani we basically live together now and we're fine," she said.

i sighed, giving in. "maybe i can just keep the apartment i have now," implying that i'd stay in cali.

billie slightly gasped. "you forreal?"

"yes," i playfully rolled my eyes.

"oh my god lei!" she cheered.

as we pulled into our apartment complex, my phone dinged and i looked down at the message to see what margie said.

my heart kind of sunk

my heart kind of sunk. i just told billie that i was gonna stay here. but i cannot and will not turn down gucci. maybe she can come to europe with me??

me and billie were walking down the hallway, about to go in our separate apartments and she looked at me.

"okay what's up?" her face dropped. "your entire mood has changed soon as we pulled up here."

"nothing babe," i shook my head. "just zoned out."

"leilani-"

"billie i'm fine," i kissed her cheek. "i'll be over there after awhile," i said before opening the door and walking my apartment.

i dropped my bags on the floor and instantly called margaret.

"europe???" i exclaimed.

"yes! isn't it exciting!" she squealed.