Chapter Twenty-Three

Comenzar desde el principio

"Beth..."

I could hear the sigh on the other end of the phone. "So, there might have been a slight change of plans."

My heart dropped.

"What do you mean, a slight change of plans?"

"So..." she drawled. "We might have pushed the wedding forward by two weeks."

"Two weeks? Two weeks?!" I exclaimed loudly on my phone.

"Come on Alena. It's not like you have anything to do in the gallery." Beth replied on the other end.

"Jacob! What the hell! You can't expect me to up and leave!" I heard Dorian shout down his phone.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. I couldn't understand. How could one wedding cause this much stress for so many people? If Dorian and I ever got married, eloping would be the best way to go.

"We have the venue booked and for the key people they have rooms at the venue, i.e. You, Dorian, my parents and Jacob's uncle, Tony - if he makes an appearance, and obviously the bride and groom. Everything is ready."

"Everything?" I asked, much calmer than before.

"Yes, everything." She reassured me.

"Even the dress?" I asked.

"I guess the dress I always wanted was back home in England."

I took the phone away from my ear before mouthing the words 'Thank You' to whoever was above.

"So, in two weeks we're leaving for London?" I asked, making sure that the information was correct.

"Yes," Beth replied.

"And then for two weeks, we're staying in London?"

"Yes," Beth replied again

"Two weeks." I repeated. "Oh my god Beth, you're getting married!"

"I know!" She screamed down the phone.

"This is crazy!" I whispered.

"I know! Anyway, what are you up to?" She asked casually.

I looked down at the picnic blanket and basket I was sitting on. My eyes drifted towards my studio, hearing Dorian's voice echo off the walls. I could tell he was stressed. So much for a relaxing date to celebrate things!

"I was actually on a date with Dorian," I said to Beth on the phone. Just like that, she realised she had interrupted something.

"I'm so sorry," she quickly apologised. "I'll get Jacob to get off his phone. See you, sweetie."

Without even a chance to say goodbye back, the line dropped dead. I walked back to the studio to find Dorian leaning against the table. His legs were crossed and his eyes were focused on something in the corner.

"I know Carter can sort it but-" As he was interrupted on the phone, Dorian looked up to me with an apologetic look. He reached out for my hand and held it in his. What took me by surprise was what he did next. He pulled me into his arms and seated me onto the table. Instinctively, I wrapped my legs around him. If I could pull him anymore closer to me, I was sure I could feel him underneath.

"Beth, what are you doing?" Dorian asked into his phone. I could hear Beth apologising and saying that Jacob would call him when he was not busy before ending the call.

"So, I'm guessing you heard?" Dorian sighed in reply and buried his head in my shoulders. "I just can't leave the company. I need time to sort this out and Jacob just presumes I can leave Mr Davington to do it all."

Just by looking at him, I could see he was already stressed with the arrangements he'd have to sort out.

"If I could come a week later, then it'd be fine." He admitted.

"Then come a week later," I suggested. "The wedding isn't going to be in the first week."

He looked at me, unsure of whether it was a good idea.

"If you're there for the wedding, then that's fine. Jacob will understand."

I gave him a chaste kiss on his head. He looked up at me immediately.

"You missed." Dorian simply stated. I mused at the memory of me saying the same thing to him when we were outside the restaurant.

"Oh, really?" I played along. My lips hovered above his as my eyes drifted from his blue orbs to those soft lips. I moved slowly forward before quickly placing a kiss on his cheeks.

"Not funny," He muttered before laying me on the table in a quick motion. I let out a loud laugh in the quiet gallery, only for the two of us to hear.

"I love it when you laugh," He breathed.

"I only laugh around you," I admitted.

"You don't know how happy that makes me Alena Richards," He smiled before kissing me slowly, lovingly and passionately.

To all those who don't know, I have become a writer on Radish. I am honestly loving it and I'm really happy.

I will still be updating on Wattpad, however Radish will have priority uploads.

Wattpad updates will be released 28 days after Radish uploads. But... if you are itching to read the next few chapters head on over to Radish!

Chapter Twenty-Four will be updated on Wattpad Wednesday 14th September!

Also if you guys didn't know I'm on Twitter! So if you want to go ahead and interact with me over there, go ahead! I geek out over books, New Girl, Bridgerton, anything to do with reading and writing and my life so feel free to join the dark side! I'm joking!😅 Unless...

Social media info is down below!

I hope everyone is safe and sound!