Chapter 7: The webs of New York

Comenzar desde el principio

Vlad stands in a fighting pose. As the big one stands in a fighting pose too. Then Vlad quickly jumps and tries to punch it, however the big one just punches vlad and he was sent back right into the door, breaking it down, as Vlad stands up he then turns around and sees Elaina & Zoe.

Elaina was shocked and now worried as Zoe was not expecting that.

Vlad: Elaina! Thank god...

Elaina: Are you insane?!

Elaina: You came all the way here to save me without realising how dangerous this is for you... Vlad you clearly do not realise the risk of being here... This woman with the spiders has a big boi that can kill you at will...

Vlad turns back to look at the big one as if he was waiting...

Vlad: He looks pretty patient...

Elaina steps next to vlad.

Elaina: He is the guard, if we try to escape or someone breaks us out, he will try to fight, since he also cannot enter... He will wait for you to come out...

Elaina points at the big one who is outside and also the hallway behind it.

Elaina: We must kill him or get to the hallway, the hallway is tight so he cannot leave, however that woman has already arrived...

Footsteps were heard as a woman arrives, she then looks at the broken down door where Vlad, Elaina & Zoe are.

???: Oh... So he managed to break in after all... Such a hard one eh, brother?

the big one laughs as if they were thinking Vlad ain't strong enough.

???: Whatever you think, guess we are gonna be waiting for sometime~

Vlad was in a terrible position here, he had an option to search for another exit or fight directly with both that woman and the big one...

Vlad: Is there any other exit?

Elaina: Yeah but... She will stop us right away...

Vlad turns around quickly to see a vent. Then he walks towards outside as the big one roars again as the woman laughs as if Vlad is being stupid.

Vlad: Ok let's dance.

Vlad then uses his power to grab electric energy from the lights in the corner creating 2 big electric energy ball and aims at the big one & the women.

???: Oooooooooo~

???: Energy manipulation eh? That is new, I only heard rumours these people with that power existed to be honest, maybe it is in your bloodline.

The women and the big one jumped at vlad.

A day has passed since Vlad saved Elaina and that other girl, Zoe was not seen ever since the escape yesterday, however Elaina went back to the mansion and so on. Now since Elaina was save, back in the Vans mansion.

After yesterday's events, it was not much to say between each other, they were cleaning the mansion, all the rooms, including Elaina's parents room. A day that should be calm as it is, it took em some hours to clean all the mansion and after they are done, they put all the cleaning equipment back to it's place and both go sit on the sofa and decide to relax.

Vlad: Where is the Janitor?

Elaina looks at Vlad.

Elaina: Well... he died like 3 years ago, and getting a new one is like a nightmare... These days the Janitors are greedy and only want a higher paycheck for it. As a future successor of the Vans family and the title of Vans, I should know my place in this mansion and the world.

Vlad was curious about the successor part...

Vlad: S-Successor?

Elaina: Well usually "royal" families will let their kids succeed the title of the family and continue making the family greater then ever to keep their place or become #1. The point is that the successor must be stronger then their parents or else they won't be one.

It was an explanation to how those so called royal families and top 20 worked really, why some families from older generations remained on the top, but what happens to people who cannot be stronger then the parents will not become successors... Rather they will register their own family into the world wide leaderboard for royal families, but that only applies if all members of that family are heroes. The Vans had a good generation run of 4 generations as a royal family. 100 years they stuck on the same place, trying to climb yet... How did they remain for so long... Were they once royal, if they were that means they were in England before...

Vlad: S-So the path I have to follow is either my own or to be a successor...

Elaina: Or maybe perhaps marry one of the royal family's females which are 18 or 19... Then you will not have to worry so much, but eh ya still have a month or two before ya turn 18. So who is the lucky girl eh?

Vlad looks away.

Vlad: ... Uh...

Elaina: You know you cannot hide the fact ya using a fake name instead of your real last name, right... Dear buddy?

Vlad: Uh...

Vlad is embarrased.

Vlad: S-Shut up.

Then Elaina grabs the remote and turns on the tv, but instead of a normal channel, she switches to the hero mode on the tv as Faraz, New York MA Headquarters channel reports alerts.

Faraz (On TV): Stay on high alert, Garou has been located in New York!

Elaina & Vlad quickly reacted as if that wasn't supposed to happen.

Faraz (On TV): We need all heroes possible to contain him!

Faraz (On TV): If you are ready to move, then move fast heroes... THE CLOSEST TO NEW YORK ARE NEEDED FOR THIS MISSION!

Vlad quickly stands up alongside with Elaina. Then the tv was turned off and the remote was put away. Elaina then goes upstairs to get ready, Vlad does the same.

Meanwhile somewhere on the highest peak in New York, it was him... The man that can destroy cities at a will with power such as Immense body.

Garou: This city... It's filled with heroes after those so called "rumours" about me being here were spread by Faraz... Faraz is an old enemy of mine... A human with no powers, but he is truly a dangerous man for me and my freedom.

Garou looks down at the city.

Garou: Most importantly... That boy back from the Texas ware house... His electric powers... But again the other boy I also have noticed him... These two seem connected.

Garou: Well then, only one way to find out. I am gonna show these weaklings what is the meaning of a true... TRUE... MONSTER...

Then Garou without a second thinking jumps off the high peak.

End of Chapter 7