Chapter 104: Ironwood Helmschmied

Start from the beginning

With a complicated look, Technoblade scratched the back of his head.

Technoblade: No, not really, it's just that…he's, mhhh, how should I say it.

Stroking his chin, Techno tried to find the right words to say.

Technoblade: …Let's just say that he's a very hard man to please.

Vanoss: I figured 😑

Leaning back on his seat Evan let out a sigh.

According to the information he paid in several black markets all over the continent, Ironwood was one of the few most best craftsmen in the continent, able to smith several simple metals into an A-rank Divine weapon thanks to an ancient art called Runecraft.

What Moo told Vanoss about this according to the Village chief Moo met, Runecraft is a magical art used by the dwarve and is the art of inscribing magical letters onto objects. When a rune is carefully engraved on an object, it enchants the object. The amount of magic inscribed in an object depends on the time it takes to inscribe a rune. In other words, runes are characters magically imbued with mana. Meanwhile, attempting to carve runes and enchant an object with both Runecraft and Tier Magic together can also be mutually repulsive. If a powerful magic caster tries an enchantment, the runes will distort.

There are 50 lesser runes, 25 middle runes, 10 upper runes, and 5 top runes, for a total of 90 runes overall. That said, after the Second Great War, many of them have been lost, but for 1000 years, about 80% of them have been rediscovered.

According to the dwarven runesmiths, it is not possible to carve runes and place enchantments on the same object. Runes are characters imbued with mana. Thus carved runes and enchantments are mutually repulsive.

Right now, Runecraft is one of the main things the Dwarves used these days to create their powerful weapons and artifacts besides utilizing Magic Stones and other great scientific creations they had.

Like Ironwood, he was a legendary craftsman with many upper runes and several Divine-class runes at his disposal. Without a doubt his standards for materials and Runes were high, and not just that, he was probably also very selective of his clients.

In no way would he craft artifacts for whoever asked.

But

He still had to try.

Vanoss: Even if he might reject me, I want to know.

Vanoss just wanted to get stronger faster.

Surrounded by so many enemies, he had no choice but to get stronger.

It was a must.

At his response, a small smile appeared on Technoblade's face.

Technoblade: Mhm, if you insist.

Twirling his now empty cup, Techno thought for a moment.

Technoblade: Usually he's working at the fourth level, but you can find him on the first level from time to time. In fact, he's probably at his shop right now.

Vanoss: Where exactly is that? Can you tell me the location?

Technoblade: Sure, but I'll warn you beforehand. Don't expect him to make an artifact for you. No matter how rich you are, he won't do it unless he feels like it.

Vanoss: Mhm.

Technoblade: Okay, pay close attention.

Tapping a bracelet artifact on his hand, a holographic map soon appeared before then. To Evan's surprise, it was a map of the whole first level.