Chapter 11

When I got home a little later, I knew I had to get things going if I wanted this get together I'm having to be successful. I texted Sarah.

Kie

Sarah, I'm having a little gathering tonight and I need your help.

Sarah

Since when do you throw parties? I better be invited.

Kie

Of course, you're coming. Will you bring the alcohol please?

Sarah

Consider it done. What time should I be there?

Kie

Um, I don't know. Get here around 8 so you can help me find an outfit.

Sarah

We're going to look so hot! I can't wait

Kie

Lol, see you soon!

I put my phone down on my bed and went to take a shower. I made sure to shave because who knows what will happen tonight. I have about 2 hours until Sarah is supposed to get here. I just slip on some shorts and a tank top until it's time to get ready. I text Pope to let him know he should be here at 9. I don't know who's all going to show up, but it better not turn into some rager. I call and order four pizzas. Two pepperoni and two sausage.

An hour later the pizza arrives, and I start to get things ready. I make sure the living room is spotless and the kitchen looks nice. Thirty minutes later I hear the doorbell ring and open the door to a smiling Sarah. "Are you ready to turn up?" Sarah exclaims cheerfully. She has on a tied cutout ruffle trim wrap hem dress in orange. It's short, but it's cute. I step aside so she can come in and set the alcohol down. I don't even know what she's brought, and I don't care.

"Is John B coming?" I ask her while she begins making her special drink.

"I would assume so. I mentioned it to him."

"Things still going good with you guys?" she stops stirring for a sec and looks at me with a huge smile on her face.

"Kie, he's the sweetest guy I've ever been around. He makes me feel beautiful." She goes back to stirring with the smile still on her face.

"I'm so happy for you Sarah." I give her a side hug and squeeze. "Now I need your help choosing an outfit."

"Go put on that little black dress I bought for you a while back."

"What little black dress?"

"That dress I bought you when we were shopping for your date with JJ."

"You don't think that will be a little too much? I've never worn anything that short before."

"Just go put it on Kie. It will keep JJ's eyes on you all night, isn't that what you want?" she glances at me.

"Um okay. I'm going to get changed and if anyone comes just tell them to help themselves to some pizza." I scurry upstairs to get changed. I go inside my closet and pull out the infamous little black dress. I hold it up in front of me and hope that I don't look awkward once I put it on. I strip out of my shorts and tank top and slip the dress on. I stand in front of my full-length mirror and turn from side to side surveying my appearance.