Chapter 26

This is the last chapter guys. I hope you all enjoyed reading this story as much as i loved writing it for you. Don't worry, i have a new Jiara story on the way. It'll be a little bit until it's posted but you can rest assured knowing it's in the works. Enjoy :)

It wasn't until I woke up the next morning that I seen JJ had been true to his word and dropped my car off. My keys are laying neatly inside the bowl next to the front door. I run my hand through my hair and lazily plop down on the couch deciding to send J a text.

Me

Thanks for dropping off my car. I wish you would have said something to me though... you kind of rushed off last night and I was worried.

J

I didn't want to bother you guys any more than I already did.

Me

What are you talking about? You're never a bother to me, J.

A couple of minutes later I received an incoming call from him, and I quickly answer. "I heard what your dad said last night, Kie. He doesn't approve of our relationship." He goes quiet as soon as the words have left his mouth.

"JJ... I've already told you that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about us. My dad included. I love you. There's nothing and no one that could ever change that, okay?" I hear his breath and wait for his response.

"It's just... I mean it's so easy to believe what people say about me. And I know that they don't know me, the real me, but it's so much easier to play into what they perceive about me rather than prove them wrong. And I don't want anyone to think any less of you because you're with me." There's a pause and I remain silent. I have a feeling there's more he needs to get off his chest. "You have a future ahead of you Kiara. Anything that you decide to do, you'll make it happen and be fucking amazing at it. Not to mention you have supportive fucking parents looking out for you who will make sure your dreams come true. What do I have? My dad is a piece of shit loser alcoholic who finds any excuse to hit me whenever he's shit faced. My mom walked out on me when I was a little kid. She fucking gave up on me before she had the chance to see who I turned out to be. I'm just wondering if they are right. If you should even be with me."

"J, please. I know you. You mean so much to me. You have so much potential, babe. I know it can be hard, but you have to learn how to block other people out. Sometimes people only want to see what they want to see. And that's not on you. That's their fucking problem. You are so much better than this little town that we've grown up in. You are going to make it out of here, we both are. That's a promise." I prop a pillow against the arm of the couch and lay down to rest my head on it. I turn on my side facing the tv and wait for J to say something. Anything.

"How can you be so sure I'll go on to make something of myself? I don't even know what I want to do with my life."

"I know you like working with cars and you're a great artist. I know you don't want to go to school, but there's other ways you can get your art out there. And there's always someone looking for a mechanic. You can even open your own shop one day. There are so many possibilities to what you can do. I believe in you. You just need to believe in yourself."

He grunts. "Believe in myself, huh? That's the tricky part. I don't think I've come across anyone that's ever believed in me." He sighs. "I've kind of had a shitty life."

I find myself furrowing my brows. "I believe in you, J. I'm here for you. I just wish that you could see everything that I see in you. You really are amazing. You may not see it now but one day you will. I'll make sure of it." I lay on my back and cross one foot over the other. "You're not planning on breaking up with me, are you?"