Chapter 12

After we ate breakfast, I told him we should go to the beach. On the way to the beach, J graciously let me be on the AUX. We pulled up to the beach bumping and I wouldn't have it any other way. JJ went to go rent a surfboard while I found a spot to sit our things. I find a spot and set our things down. I strip down to my blue bikini with white bottoms to match and lay down my towel. I have a seat and look around for J. I don't see him anywhere, so I decide to take some selfies to occupy my time.

Right when I place my phone back in my beach bag, I feel two strong arms go around me. "Did you miss me?" I can hear the smirk in his voice.

"I was wondering where you were. Let's take some selfies." I pull my phone back out and we proceed to take an assortment of pictures. My favorite one is of him kissing my cheek, so I decide to post that one to my story. Suddenly I remember that Pope will see it and I kind of feel bad. I don't want him to think that I'm rubbing it in his face. We haven't talked since he walked in on us at the party, and I don't want him to be even more pissed at me. I don't want to ruin the mood, so I look over at JJ who's running towards the ocean. I watch him surf for a little bit and am wowed by his skills. Since he works all the time I wonder when he has the time to come and surf. He has this aura of confidence and looks so at peace when he's on the waves. I wish he looked like that all the time.

I take a break from drooling over him to get a tan. I still want J to teach me to surf, but we have plenty of time for that. After my tan I debate on whether I should call Pope or not. I know I didn't do anything wrong, but I didn't want him to find out about us like that. I really hate when he's upset with me. I see JJ running up to me, so I push the thought away and decide to deal with it later.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him as he sets his board down and makes himself comfortable beside me.

"I definitely needed that. It got me out of my head for a little bit."

I look over at him and gently rub my thumb on his cheek. His eye is still bruised, but his lip is starting to look better. I rub my thumb over his lip. "I don't want you to go home." I find myself saying.

"I wish it were that easy. Someone has to make sure the house isn't completely trashed."

"I'd feel much better knowing that you were staying at John B's or my house. I don't want something like this to happen again."

He wraps his arm around me and kisses my forehead. "I'll be fine princess, don't worry about me."

"I'll always worry about you, especially when you're around him." I look up into his eyes.

He meets my eyes and gives me a soft kiss. "What else did you have in mind for today?"

"We can do whatever you want. It doesn't matter to me."

He looks out toward the ocean without saying anything for a couple minutes. "Well, I have about an hour until I have to return the board, so I'll take advantage of that and then I have somewhere that I want to take you."

"Okay." I answer softly.

He gives me a kiss on the cheek before heading back towards the ocean. I can't help how happy I'm feeling right now, in this moment. I hope this feeling lasts.

After JJ returned the surfboard, we got in his car, and he started driving us somewhere. I don't recognize where we are, so I don't have any guesses as to where he's taking me. I don't want to ask him where we're going either. I don't want to ruin the moment and even more than that I trust him. He wouldn't take me anywhere that wasn't safe. I just stare out the window as he drives.