Chapter 9

It's been a few days since that incredible night with JJ. I can still feel his hand on my cheek every time I close my eyes. The feeling of his hand on me is ingrained inside my brain forever now. He still calls me everyday on his lunch break, like clockwork. Our conversations are my favorite part of the day. Not talking to him would be odd. He's become a part of my life now and I wish I would have befriended him sooner. I also haven't talked to Pope since our little disagreement the other day. He hasn't tried to reach out to me and I'm sure as hell not going to talk first. I didn't do anything wrong, and he needs to realize that he's being childish. I don't know how many times I need to reassure him that he's not going anywhere. I'm not trying to replace him with JJ. Doesn't Pope know that he's a permanent fixture in my life? This is new territory for us so to speak. Pope has always been the only guy in my life, so he's never had to share the spotlight. Right now, he's acting like I must choose between him and J. All I know is I want them both in my life. They both mean a lot to me.

I pack an overnight bag and head to my car. I pick a song and then head over to Sarah's house. I haven't warned her that I'm coming over, so I hope that she's home and in the mood for a girl's day. I could use some advice on what's going with me and Pope and I want to tell her about my night with JJ. A smile comes over my face as I think about what almost happened. He came so close to kissing me. I kind of wish he did. I absolutely want JJ to be my first kiss. There's nothing that would be more perfect. The next time we hangout together we're taking pictures. I want us on my picture wall whenever I get around to setting that up.

I pull up in Sarah's driveway, and I sigh in relief when I see her car here. I grab my phone and my overnight bag and walk onto her front porch. I ring the doorbell and wait. I ring it one more time and hear some footsteps come down the stairs. Within the next minute the door opens, and I see Sarah. She smiles when she realizes its me and pulls me into a hug. We're both sporting sweatpants and a crop top so I know she didn't have any plans today. I give her a quick squeeze before pulling away. "Do you mind if we spend the day together and I sleep over? I have so much I want to share with you. And I miss you." She steps aside so I can come inside the house.

"You don't even need to ask. You know you're always welcome to stay over. I was planning on calling you today honestly." She smiles and we go upstairs to her room. I sit my bag down beside her bed and take a seat on the end of the bed. I prop my chin on my knee and think about how I want to start this conversation. "What's been going on with you Kie?"

I sigh. "Well, Pope and I got into another disagreement when I brought up JJ. This is like the second time it's happened, and I don't know what his problem is. We've never been through this before. Pope has always been the only guy I've hung out with and now that JJ is in the picture, he feels threatened. Which is total bullshit because there's nothing going on between us. He's my friend and I enjoy hanging out with him. I don't know why he gets so riled up whenever I mention him." I peer up at Sarah and see her smiling a little bit. "Why are you smiling?"

"It's so cute how oblivious you are. You have two guys vying for your attention. Most girls our age wouldn't see this as a problem. You know Pope is in love with you right?"

"You're delusional Sarah. Just because my best friend is a guy doesn't automatically mean he's into me."

"It's the only reason why he would feel threatened by JJ. He doesn't want some other guy swooping in on his girl." She giggles. "I'm pretty sure he's had feelings for you for a while now."

"Pope is not in love with me. I know he's a bit protective over me but that's how best friends are."

"Whatever you say Kie. What's the tea on you and JJ?"