Chapter 23

I think you all have been waiting for this one. Still not entirely pleased with how it came out, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless. :)

JJ's POV:

I don't even know why I'm at this fucking party. No amount of weed or booze could ever get my mind off Kiara. She's left a mark on me. She's never going away. She most likely hates me right now because I all but broke up with her. It was fucking hard, but a necessary evil. I had to do it. I'm poison, I can't taint her. She's perfect. It's like Pope said, I would only drag her down. She doesn't need me or my baggage weighing her down. She's going places and I'll be lucky if I manage to stumble upon a one-way ticket out of this fuckin' town.

Someone passing by hands me a drink and I eagerly take it. It's my third cup and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Brodie's an old buddy and I doubt he would mind if I crashed on his couch tonight. I finish this cup quicker than the last and get up to make myself another. On my way to the drink area, I notice brown curls. My girl has brown curls. I make my way over to her hoping she's the girl I've tried and failed to get off my mind.

Once I'm close, I see that it is Kiara and she's dancing with some guy. She's too close for him to be someone she just met tonight. I see her smile and laugh, and I start to feel this pain inside my chest. I don't know why I was stupid enough to believe that she would only reserve that smile for me. He's cupping her face now and that's the last straw. I push people out of the way in order to get to her faster. I swear I'll slaughter him right here and now if his lips touch hers.

"What the fuck, Kiara!?" I didn't realize the words had even left my mouth. I see her pause and slowly turn to face me. She moves away from him when realization takes over her features.

"J?" she responds softly, in disbelief. I never imagined I would run into her here, so I know she's surprised to see me. What is she even doing with this guy?

"Can we talk for a minute please?" I'm fuming on the inside, but I don't want to cause a scene. I don't think she would come with me if my emotions on the inside reflected my behavior on the outside. She slowly nods her head and I take her hand, pulling her towards the bathroom. Thankfully there's no line so I drag us inside and lock the door behind me. "I'm so fucking livid right now, Kie. How can you just show up here with some fucking guy?!" I lean my head against the door but quickly opt for pacing back and forth.

"I- I swear it's nothing like you think, J. He's just a friend." She won't even meet my eyes.

"You don't kiss friends Kiara! You're telling me he's just a fucking friend when you were about to kiss him? Fuck that." I run my hands over my face and put the lid down before taking a seat on the toilet.

"I wasn't going to let him kiss me, I promise. And you don't get to yell at me when you haven't even fucking spoke to me since our break up! What happened to calling me that night, huh?" Fuck. I completely forgot about that.

"I'm sorry, Kie. There's just been a lot on my mind and I'm trying to work on myself. There's been so much shit going on in my head that I don't even know what to believe anymore. Seeing you at a party with another guy doesn't help that." I see her eyes soften for a split second before looking away. "It looks like you've been just fine without me though."

"You have no idea how I'm fucking feeling so don't even say that. You can't expect me to put my life on hold just because you don't want to be with me right now. Life goes on, J. You know what? I don't need to explain myself to you or anyone else. I'm leaving." She turns the lock and I immediately grab her arm.