Chapter 17

This chapter picks up where Chapter 15 ended. You may have to reread 15 if you're a little foggy on what went down. Also, part of this chapter is rated M for mature. If you aren't comfortable with it, then just skip that part. It's fine. We all need to remain pure anyway for as long as we can. Enjoy :)

JJ grabs my hand once I'm outside of the car and we make our way to his front door. I'm a little nervous to be here, despite me all but demanding that I come here with him. As soon as we are standing at the door, I find myself rubbing his arm with my free hand. "J, we don't have to go in. We can just go back to my house, or we can crash at John B's. Whatever you want."

"No, it's okay. I've never shared this part of my life with anyone else. Not even John B has been over and he's my fucking brother. I want you to know everything about me no matter how shitty it is." He looks at me and squeezes my hand before letting go to unlock the door.

He opens the door eerily slowly. We make eye contact, and he puts his finger in front of his lips signaling me to keep quiet. I follow his lead as we slowly and quietly make our way inside his house. I hold onto JJ's arm once inside and he's closed the door. He leads us to a door at the end of the hall and I assume this is his room. It's messy and not really decorated. There's some discarded clothing littering the floor and a couple of his drawings strewn across his dresser.

I find myself softly touching the drawings as I'm inspecting them. One is a car and the other is in the beginning stages of a portrait. I can't tell who the person is yet, but I know it's going to be amazing once he's done with it.

"I'm going to check his room and see if he's home. I'll be right back, okay?" I hear him say from behind me while I'm still examining his artwork.

"Okay," I mumble softly lost in thought. I hear him leave the room and have a seat on his bed. It's a twin size bed so we're really going to be cozy sleeping next to each other. I don't mind though. While I'm waiting on him to come back, I pick up the clothes off his floor and deposit them inside his hamper. I've just thrown his last shirt in there when I hear the door open.

"Thankfully he isn't here tonight, but just be prepared in case we have to deal with him in the morning. I've never had a girl over before, so I don't how he's going to react to seeing you here."

I cross the room and engulf JJ in a hug. He doesn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me. "Thank you." I tell him, my voice muffled by his chest.

"For what?" he responds softly.

"For letting me in. I know it isn't easy but thank you for trusting me. I love you."

He squeezes me a little tighter. "I love you." I hear him say before placing a kiss on my neck.

We pull away after a few minutes and I go over to my overnight bag. I pull out the baggie he left at my house. "Want to smoke?" I ask while holding it in front of his face.

"Hell yeah. Always." He takes the bag from me and goes to work on getting the blunt prepared for us.

I walk over to his window and crack it a bit. I don't know if his dad will be mad about us for smoking, so I figure I will help him out just in case. I turn back around and lay down on his bed. I turn on my side and watch him work. I think I could watch him all day no matter what he's doing. He's so handsome and he's all mine. He claims to be the lucky one in this relationship, but I am. I don't even want to think about what I would be doing right now if we didn't connect this summer. I'm sure I would be somewhere with Pope no doubt, but I prefer this. This moment right now.