New Beginnings

Taylor

"So this isn't going to be weird?" I mumbled Lily raised her eyebrows. "Why would it be weird, y'all have been friends for a while now?"

"Well yes, but it'll just be us I don't want her to secretly find out she hates me and then she's gone."

"Tay, Karlie doesn't secretly hate you! You're overthinking again, it's gonna be great you can get away for a while and you'll be with a great friend, Karlie's amazing." Lily assured I smiled nodding slowly.

Karlie was great.

Too great in my eyes, I always told myself I admired her confidence and beauty but I was only lying to myself. I wanted more from her, I realized that one night as I watched Karlie drunkenly dance around my apartment only us, I lied away the entire night she slept beside me. I knew I'd always want more than just friends but I wasn't going to ruin what I had with her.

After a few more drinks with Lily she had left and Karlie would be here soon I stayed awake for her even though she had a key.

She got here late and extremely well dressed she was probably at a late shoot.

"You didn't have to wait up for me." Karlie gushed pulling her bags inside. "I wanted to, couldn't sleep either." I shrugged, lie.

"Are you tired now? Cause I am." Karlie giggled pulling me toward my room I allowed her to pull me to bed. This was another thing about Karlie, she was so lovely and well she also didn't mind being overly touchy.

I wasn't like this with any of my other friends but Karlie was to all of hers as well, pictures of her kissing girls were all over the place and they were are strictly platonic. When she laid beside me her head laid in my neck and I wondered if she could tell how fast my heart was beating.

Within minutes Karlie had fallen asleep and after an hour I did too.

_____

"You're like a child." I smiled watching Karlie get distracted by every thing we passed by it was hard to keep my eyes on the road with her gasps next to me.

"Are we almost there?" Karlie whined I turned to her nodding she smiled laying back in her chair.

Once we'd gotten to the Airbnb it was getting late there wasn't much of anything near us so we decided to stay in eating some food Karlie had packed. At night she begged me to come and sit outside with her.

The mountains looked beautiful the stars too and Karlie even more. "You know what you should do?" Karlie smirked I tilted my head waiting for her to go on.

"Sing for me."

"Kar.."

"What! I saw you brought your guitar!"

"Well yeah just incase any song ideas came to mind."

"Please for me." Karlie pouted I looked away slowly not being able to control myself. "Fine." I gave in walking to the trunk do the cat to grab it.

"Give me a song." I said sitting next to Karlie on two tree shaped seats.

"Oh! I just saw the 1975 the other night I can't get this song out of my head." Karlie said thinking for a second before she turned to me. "Falling for you."

"I only know a few parts." I mumbled

"That's okay." Karlie whispered leaning her head on my shoulder.

I let a shaky breath out before starting.

"I read between the lines
And touched your leg again, again."

I looked at Karlie and she was smiling down at the ground I smiled too before starting again.

"I'll take you one day at a time
Soon you will be mine
Oh but I want you now.."

"When the smoke is in your eyes
You look so alive
Do you fancy sitting down with
me?
Maybe?
You're all I need."

Karlie was looking up at me now, I could feel her eyes on me but I couldn't look down at her.

"I think I'm falling.
Falling for you." I whispered trying to continue but I messed up a strum and Karlie giggled.

"That was amazing."

"Yeah." I whispered

Karlie moved closer to me we sat in silence before her lips were on my cheek. "Kar.."

"Don't tell me you don't want this too."

"I can't."

"Why Taylor?" Karlie mumbled "You're so outgoing and confident and I've seen the pictures of you and those girls and I will not be one of them. I won't let you hurt me Karlie and I won't fall for someone I know I can't have."

"God Taylor I may have kissed a few of my friends but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of falling for one of them. Every since I met you I knew it felt different, I see the way you look at me it's the way I look at you Taylor. You've got to be blind if you don't see I..I really like you."

"I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"I'm about to ruin it Taylor, if you don't stop me I'm not going to either."

Karlie moved closer and I sat still allowing her lips to meet mine. It's what I'd wanted for months to finally kiss her. After a second I gained control of my body and pushed myself toward her. Our lips moving on top of another's.

When her tongue slid into my mouth I almost died. Her hands were around my neck now and mind merely touched her waist. Karlie giggled pulling back. "You can touch me." She whispered heavenly yet sinisterly.

"Do you wanna go back inside?" I asked Karlie nodded we both walked back inside and before I could say anything Karlie's lips were on mine. I laid on the bed while Karlie laid on top of me her lips kissing my neck so passionately I could feel my body reacting before I noticed she seemed to like the loud noises I moaned.

I pushed her off me climbing on top desperate to know she wanted this just as bad. Her hands rested on my thighs as I kissed her neck involuntary grinding down on her.

"Fuck." She moaned

"I don't want to do this yet." I whispered Karlie smiled. "Me either."

"Maybe before we leave?"

"We can't plan it it'll happen when it does, for now let's just." She kissed me slowly I nodded climbing off her to lay next to her.

"I've been dreaming about you kissing me like this." She whispered I blushed.

"No way."

"Yes Taylor, and a lot more than just kissing." She blushed now.

"What does this mean?" I asked she grabbed my hand from under the sheets and interlocked our fingers.

"Whatever it means I hope it won't go away when we get back to the city."

"Trust me, you've got me addicted to your kisses already." I smiled

Karlie smiled pecking my lips. "This is just the beginning to the most beautiful relationship I've been in." Karlie whispered moving closer to me.

I wrapped my arms around her neck and hers were safe around my waist.

"I'm falling in love with you."

"I've been falling in love with you." Karlie smiled

"You're my best friend.." she whispered lowly kissing my neck.

Silence.

But comfortable silence. Touches that words couldn't speak.

We laid together a new together as we shared kisses to bed.

Edit: Hi, it's been a while I know I've been writing more but here's this for now I know it's so short srrruuu