Chapter XII

Haru stopped his motorcycle right in front of a large gate. He took off his helmet and checked his phone.

"Yup, this is the location she sent. Wow, the house looks massive! Even the gate looks amazing" he whispered. He looked around, and noticed security cameras everywhere. "Wow, isn't this too many? I'm sure they might have heat and motion sensors too. How did I not notice this the other day?" he thought.

Without wasting any more time, he walked towards the bell, and rang it. Michiyo's voice excitedly responded through the speaker. "Haru! You arrived! Wait, let me open the gates for you" she spoke.

The heavy gates slowly swung open. Haru drove his bike along the pathway. He was amazed by the manicured lawn, trimmed bushes, koi ponds and fountains. Aside from that, he also noticed a bunch of security cameras at every corner and space at the area. He tried to memorize the locations, just in case.

Finally, Haru arrived at the door. He knocked. Two voices appeared from inside.

"Uh, my lady, please let me open the door. What if it's someone dangerous?" A panicked woman spoke. "Ah, don't worry. I checked the cameras. It's my friend coming over for a project" Michiyo convinced her. The woman let out a sigh.

The door opened with creak. Michiyo jumped out and hugged Haru. Haru, flabbergasted, stood the frozen.

Michiyo let go of the hug. "Hi Haru! Welcome to the Suzukis' mansion!" She exclaimed, extending both of her hands.

Haru smiled. "Hello, Michiyo. So, where are we doing our project?" He asked. Michiyo and a maid behind her quickly led Haru through the hallways of the mansion, towards a library.

"Here. You can place your stuff inside, and go sit on a table. Ill go get my laptop" Michiyo told before hastily leaving with her maid.

                            ❖

"Done!" Haru and Michiyo exclaimed together. They fell onto the floor. "Ahhh, my back hurts after sitting for so long! It feels good to lie down, right?" Michiyo spoke, looking at Haru lying beside her.

Haru chuckled. "Yeah" he smiled.

He was suddenly reminded of something. "Ah, my mission. Since Michiyo's parents aren't around, I should finish her off first. Then, the maids will gather here, and I'll finish them all off at once" he thought.

"Wait, that seems a bit careless, doesn't it? Well, it's fine. It's not like they can catch me. I've been in far more risky situations. As long as I don't leave anything behind, I'll be fine"

Haru looked at Michiyo. He was shocked to find Michiyo already fast asleep. "What? Surely it can't be this easy, right?" He whispered, then smiled sinisterly.

He took out a hidden knife. And moved closer towards Michiyo. "Hehe, you really made a wrong decision to let your guard down so easily" Haru snickered. He pointed the knife at Michiyo's neck.

"I'm sorry, Michiyo. But this is why I met you"

                             ❖