Chapter VII

BANG!!!

Haru smiled as he managed to kill the man in front of him. He is the 4th bodyguard of Michiyo, who he has been searching for all this time. Still, there's one more of them still undetected.

"Argh, finally! Now, time to track down the last one" He stretches his arms. He dragged the body to a more unnoticeable part of the alley, where he always hides his victims before Chikage comes and deals with them.

He fixed his gloves. "It smells like blood. This will take some time to clean" he sighed. Haru prepares to leave, when suddenly he heard footsteps coming his way.

He changed his position, and prepared for what is coming at him.

A man a little bit taller than him, wearing a black hoodie and a mask covering his face walked near him. He was calm, and didn't show any sign of wanting to attack. Still, Haru stayed on his guard.

"Chillax, I'm not hear to harm you. Put down that gun" the man spoke, his voice sounding young. Haru was doubtful, yet he obeyed and slowly placed his gun on the floor.

"You are on a mission to kill the Suzuki family, right?" The man asked. Haru was shocked that he knew. "Haha, your face says that you are. Don't worry, I'm also an assassin, and coincidentally, I'm also on the hunt for the Suzukis. Specifically, Suzuki Michiyo" the man told.

"Who do you work for?" Haru asked. "Noone. I take commissions from anyone willing to pay" the man answered, being straightforward.

He stretched his hand towards Haru. "Since we're on the same mission, how about we work together? I had already took down the last guard for you. So, what do you say?" He offered.

Haru hit the man's hand hardly. "No. I don't trust you. Don't bother me" He replied. "Damn, so cold. I don't care. You are an interesting person, so I'm still gonna bother you~" the man teased. "What the hell do you want with me? Can't you just leave me to do this alone, peacefully? I don't need help. Go take another commission or something" Haru spoke coldly.

He picked up his gun, shot the man's left hand and walked away.

The man showed no sign of pain. "Ooh, you don't need help? Arrogant. That's so you, Haru" he chuckled.

                             ❖

The next day..

Recess brings the students to the cafeteria, the queue getting longer and longer by the minute. Two students walk out of the front line, carrying their meals.

"Yo Haru, have you seen Michiyo? She's our friend now, so how about we eat with her?" Amane suggested. "Sure, I don't see why not. Speaking of which, there she is" Haru responded, pointing towards Michiyo who sat at a table at the edge of the cafeteria alone.

"Hi Michiyo!" Amane greeted cherfully. "E-eh? You guys are sitting here? But.. There's a lot more empty spots.." Michiyo spoke, shocked. "Why? Is there someone already sitting here?" Haru questioned. Michiyo shook her head slowly.

"Then, this seat is ours. Aren't we your friends now? Don't even think of eating alone from now" Haru told, in an almost threatening tone. Michiyo chuckled awkwardly. "Oh, I'm gonna go buy some candy. I don't wanna doze off in class later" Amane interrupted. He stood up and headed somewhere.

Suddenly, Haru's face got close to Michiyo's realising this, she blushed, shocked and quickly scooted backwards.

"You're so pretty, yet why do I always see you alone? I thought everyone likes pretty people" he suddenly said out of nowhere. "E-eh? Thanks..." Michiyo stammered, flustered.

"Answer my question. Why do I always see you alone? Don't you have friends?" Haru asked again. Michiyo gulped. "There's just this rumour saying that the ghost of my dead mother follows me around, and plus, no one wants to speak to someone as boring as me..." She confessed.

Haru smiled. He patted Michiyo's head. "Don't worry then, such things dont intrigue me, and neither does Amane think so. We'll be your friends! You won't be alone anymore" he spoke gently, comforting her.

Michiyo blushed again

Michiyo blushed again. Haru never fails to make her feel flustered and nervous. She carved a smile and nodded. She was touched by the sincerity Haru portrayed.

Seeing that his plan worked, Haru smiled wider. "Good. If this keeps on, I'll get in that house in no time" he thought. "But... That guy yesterday.. I gotta look out for him. If he kills Michiyo, my plan fails" he continued.

"Uhhh, Haru...? I'm sorry, but can you back off a bit? I wanna eat" Michiyo requested. "Oh" Haru fixed his position and changed his attention over to his food.

At a distance, Amane watched them, grinning happily.

                             ❖