Chapter V

3 weeks has passed. Yet, Haru and Amane never had a chance to talk to Michiyo yet. Haru has been busy with his classes and assassination missions, and Amane was busy with Student Council duties.

Even if they had the chance to make some time, Michiyo was always not around at the time.

"Hey, Haru" Amane greeted when they met at the school gate on the way home. "Damn, you seem to be exhausted. Has the student council been busy these days?" Haru asked.

"Pretty much. Me and my group were tasked to plan the preparations for the School Choir Competition coming in about 2 months from now. Talk about early" Amane sighed.

Haru nodded. He didn't know how to reply, so he kept quiet. "Haruuuu, can I walk home with you today? You know, it's always not so fun walking home alone. Plus, it's been a while since I last hung out with you" Amane requested. "But, aren't our homes at separate ways? How is that gonna work?" Haru questioned.

"Well, I can follow you to your home first, then I'll go to mine. On the way, how about we stop by at a cafe nearby? I'm pretty hungry" Amane suggested. Haru just went on with the idea, as Chikage hasn't given him any new missions for the day.

                            ❖

Haru and Amane happily chatted on the way to the cafe, when they were greeted by a panicked scream.

In front of them is a girl getting pulled into a black van. Just by looking at the situation, anyone would know that the girl is getting kidnapped. Haru notices something about the girl.

"Wait-wait! Isn't that Michiyo?" He exclaimed, pointing at the girl.

Michiyo continued to shout for help before her mouth is covered by one of the men there. She held tight to the door of the van, trying hard to hold herself from falling in. However, she was suddenly knocked unconscious by a very hard bat.

Haru and Amane wasted no more time and leaped straight to the scene. Haru easily avoided the kidnappers' attacks and brought them down to the ground. He was willing to save Michiyo only because of his mission, if not he would just ignore her.

Amane also doesn't fail in impressing Haru. He was surprisingly very good in martial arts, easily throwing punches and kicks at the kidnappers.

The kidnappers eventually gave up and threw Michiyo down, causing her to be mercilessly fall to the hard, rough road surface. The kidnappers fled. Haru whipped out his phone and snapped a photo of the license plate to hand over to the police.

"Is she still okay?" Amane asked, concerned. Haru went closer and removed the hair covering Michiyo's face. Her head was bleeding, and her cheek were wounded from the contact with the road. Her body is also covered with dirt and bruises.

"Her wounds are pretty minor. But the impact of the hit had injured her head, so she's unconscious for now" Haru reported.

"So, should we send her to the hospital?" Amane asked again. Haru shook his head. "No need. I know how to treat her head injury. Once she's feeling better, she can tend to her other wounds herself. I'll just treat the ones I can" he told.

He knew all these simply from all his experience being wounded during missions. Such things doesn't trouble him.

"Your house is this way, right? How about we stop there to treat her and let her rest?" Amane suggested. Haru quickly disagreed with the idea without hesitating. His house is no where near decent, and not to mention that they might be able to find all his guns and knives there.

"Oh? But my house is quite far. Are you sure you can carry her all the way there?" Amane asked, a bit suspicious of Haru's sudden panic. "Ah, it's okay. I don't mind" Haru carved a fake smile. "Okay then, for your dearest crush, right? Speaking of which, this might be a good chance for you to talk to her! Maybe she'll be very thankful, and she'll start noticing you more!" Amane grinned.

Haru just smiled awkwardly. Carrying Michiyo on his back, he and Amane proceeded to Amane's house.

                            ❖