Chapter XI

Chirp.... Chirp...

The birds sing happily in the morning as Haru slowly trudge to school. He has been absent for 4 days due to his wound, and even that is enough to make him not want to go to school anymore.

He yawned. He checked his watch. "Ah, still early. Should I stop by somewhere?" Haru wondered. He looked around. Most of the stores aren't even open yet. He sighed again

"Haaaruuuuu!!!!"

Someone called loudly. Haru twitched, then turned his head towards the voice. Before he could even do anything, someone hugged him tightly.

"I haven't seen you almost for the whole week!" he asked. "Ah, Amane... It's you" Haru muttered. Amane let's go of him. "Yeah, something happened during the weekend, and I couldn't go to school because of that" Haru answered.

"I know. You got stabbed while trying to protect Michiyo and then got injured on your abdomen and legs. To think that you would be with Michiyo... Wow, things are going on fast with you two huh?" Amane chuckled.

Haru blushed, flustered. "What?! No, there's nothing between us... How did you know anyway?" He coughed.

"Nothing..... Yet. Hehe" Amane chuckled. "Anyway, of course Michiyo told me everything. As your best friend and trusty wingman, I deserve to know" he continued. "Since when are you my best friend anyway..?" Haru stared.

Amane dramatically clutched his chest. "How cruel of you! I thought we're best friends! We've been friends for very long..." He jokingly whined.

Haru looked so done. He shook his head, and left Amane. "H-hey! Wait for me, you heartless friend!" Amane chased him.

                           ❖

Haru walked peacefully to the cafeteria. Again, Amane couldn't join him due to his student council duties. Suddenly, he bumped into Michiyo.

"Ah, Haru-san! You're finally feeling better?" She exclaimed, relieved to see Haru at school today. "Yeah. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here" Haru smiled. "By the way.. Did you tell Amane about what happened?" Haru asked.

"Huh??? I don't remember doing that.. But maybe I forgot...?" Michiyo scratched her head. "Hm? Okay..?" Haru muttered.

"Uhhh by the way, I have a class project that needs to be done in pairs.. And I don't have one. Sensei said that I can pick someone from a different class. So I thought of you. Plus, Amane has been busy lately, so I dont want to bother him" Michiyo asked.

Haru felt a wave of opportunity. "Are we doing this at home? Because my house isn't.... Comfortable enough for your standards..." Haru scratched his head. "Oh.. Yes. And don't worry, we're doing it at mine then. I don't mind" Michiyo smiled.

Haru smiled back. Perfect. He can assassinate them quickly later. He nodded, signaling that he agrees.

"Good! We need to submit the project next week, so how about this weekend?" Michiyo suggested. Haru nodded again. He doesn't mind, as long as he can get this mission done quickly.

                            ❖