Chapter XVII

Creaaakkk..

Haru pushed the door to Michiyo's hospital room. The room is very modern and luxurious, even though it's very small. It even has a television of its own.

Michiyo sat on the bed, staring out the window. The light from the sun shone on her, making her somewhat 'glowig'.

Haru's heart beats fast. He clenched his chest and walked towards Michiyo. "Michiyo... You okay?" He called. Michiyo turned towards Haru, and smiled sadly.
"Hi, Haru-san" she waved. Haru could see bandages on her hand and face.

 Haru could see bandages on her hand and face

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Im fine now. Thanks to you and.... Amane... Why did he have to sacrifice himself?" Michiyo looked down, sad about the truth.

"Don't.... Let Michiyo... Feel sad for me... Promise?" Haru remembered Amane's words. His last wish that Haru pomised to fulfill. Haru stroked Michiyo's back. "Hey, don't feel too sad. He died as a hero, didn't he? He probably doesn't want you to feel so sad because of him. He wants to see both of us happy. That's why he sacrificed himself" he comforted Michiyo.

"But still, I feel so bad for being the reason he died.. Don't you?" Michiyo sobbed. Haru gulped. "We are not the reason he died, Michiyo. It's whoever who killed him. Don't blame ourselves on something we can't control" Haru continued. He thought of something.

"How about we go to the  upcoming summer festival once you get discharged? It'll make both of us feel better. Plus, Amane did say he wanted to go with us. If he couldn't be there, it doesn't mean we shouldn't go" Haru suggested. "You're saying that, as if you don't feel sad about his death at all" Michiyo whispered.

Haru sighed. "You know, I'm not sad because Amane's last words are.. 'Don't feel sad for my death.. Promise?'" He told, changing a little bit of the truth. "And he told me, to be happy with you.. And not let his death effect us.."

Haru's mind went blank. Like something is controlling him, he leaned closer towards Michiyo.

Slowly, he kissed her. He doesn't even know what made him do it, but it was probably all the feelings for her that he has been holding back. Michiyo was stunned. She didn't know how to react.

"Maybe he is right. I did fall for you, Michiyo" Haru's heart whispered as he moved his face away from her. He was visibly blushing, and so is Michiyo. "Haru-san... What..?" Michiyo stammered. "I don't know. Something in me made me do it.. I realised, I like you Michiyo. A lot, and I have been holding back my feelings for all this time. Plus, Amane protected us so that we can enjoy this time of life we have, and not have any regrets. And I'm taking this chance to say all this to you"

Michiyo started tearing up. "You're right. If not, we would have died too. 'Don't feel sad for me'.. If he did say that, and it's a promise, then I'll promise him that. Still, I'll be honoring his death" she spoke.

"And.. I'm taking this chance to say this to you too, Haru. I like you too. You're someone who I can easily trust, and that doesn't happen often. I guess it's just this feeling that makes us think of all this" she continued, smiling.

Haru slowly smiled too. "Then, let's go to the summer festival together. Let's not waste the time Amane gave us" he said, before kissing her again.

Haru actually feel a bit guilty of not mourning for Amane's death, but since it's a promise, he couldn't break it. It was Amane's last wish, so he wanted to fulfill it. And he doesn't want the time he has, that he could've lost, to fly away with regrets.

Haru swore to himself, he will not make wrong choices again. He already quit being an assassin, and he wants to spend all his time enjoying the life he couldn't have before.

Even if that means tricking everyone to think both him and Amane are heroes.

⊱Dont Fall in Love⊰जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें