Chapter II

Buzz.... Buzz....

Haru's cellphone continued to vibrate. He groaned. "Argh, do I really have to get up? Can't I sleep forever?" He complained, stretching his arms and rubbing his eyes.

"What time is it?" He checked his cellphone. 6.45 a.m. Haru looked around. His eyes darted right at the school uniform he hung at his door.

After staring into nothingness for a solid 5 minutes, Haru finally got up from his bed. He examined the uniform. "Just a standard school uniform, I see this a lot outside" he said to himself.

Suddenly, his phone rang. "Ah, Chikage again? What does he want this time?"

Haru answered the call. "Good morning, Haru. I hope you're ready for the mission?" Chikage spoke on the other end.

"Mhm"

"I'll take that as a yes. Im calling to tell you something I forgot yesterday. It's quite important but I'm sure you'll be able to handle this just fine"

Haru listened in closely. He's surprisingly easy going this time, probably because of this 'different' mission.

"So, the Suzukis all have their own bodyguards, each of them has 5 that goes around protecting them in secret. Michiyo seemingly doesn't know about this, so it will be easy for you to eliminate them" Chikage spoke.

"How about the other bodyguards? Won't they be alarmed if some of them goes missing?" Haru questioned.

"That's where the easier part is. The bodyguards are very dedicated to protecting their masters, and they rarely communicate with each other. So, that'll give you enough time to track them all down and kill them before they notice. And about their masters, they don't pay much attention to their bodyguards. They won't even notice they're not protected anymore" Chikage explained.

Haru scoffed. "Damn, rich people really do be spending too much money. Who knows how much these bodyguards are paid to give so much dedication? Or are they just simps?" He laughed.

"No, what kind of nonsense is that? The Suzukis are just traumatized because of something that happened in the past. That's why their not joking about safety" Chikage corrected.

"Something in the past? I wonder what it is?" Haru asked. "None of your concern, brat. Now go and get ready" Chikage said before ending the call.

"Awh, Im just curious. So stingy" Haru complained. He then wasted no time to get ready. He showered and put on his uniform.

He looked at himself at the mirror. For some reason, he's amazed by the reflection of himself. "Damn, I look handsome in these" he complemented himself, grinning.

                              ❖

                              ❖

"Whoa....." Haru gasped. He marvelled at the large school campus. For some reason, he seemed like a curious little child. The other students coming in looked at him with a weird look, whispering at each other. Perhaps he was overreacting, which made the students feel weird.

"Whoa.... Watch out!!" A voice panicked behind him. Suddenly, he was pushed to the ground, and someone fell on his back. "What the heck?! Get off me!" Haru shouted. The figure quickly got up, and dusted his shirt.

"I'm sorry, I tripped on that crack there! Are you alright?" He asked, concerned, and held out his hand to help Haru up

"I'm sorry, I tripped on that crack there! Are you alright?" He asked, concerned, and held out his hand to help Haru up. Haru ignored him and went away.

"Tch. Seems like a soft boy. Not worth my time" He grumbled.

However, the boy caught up to him. "Hey, uh, are you a new student? Haven't seen you around here before. By the way, I'm Amane" he spoke. "Did I ask?" Haru answered coldly.

"Ouch, you're so arrogant. So you really are a new student, I presume. You don't even have a name tag yet" Amane mentioned.

Haru ignored him again. He quicken his steps, not interested in a conversation with Amane. Amane just stood there silently.

"Damn, he's an arrogant one. Ah, he's none of my concern" He muttered and continued walking into the school building.

                             ❖