Chapter III

Knock Knock!

Haru gently knocks on the door of the school office. A voice of a middle aged woman responded from inside.

"Come on in!"

He pushed open the door. There is a desk with a woman sitting at it. And surprisingly, the boy from earlier, Amane, was there too.

"Eh, why are you here?" Haru asked. Amane looked at him coldly. "I was about to ask you the same. I'm just waiting for the other new student to show up. I'm supposed to be her guide" he answered.

The woman on the desk smiled. "Amane dear, he is the person youre supposed to guide. The new girl is a first year, so we assigned her to another first year student, to make her feel more casual" she explained. "Wh- what? Uh, I mean, alright, madam" Amane stammered.

"As for you, dear, you are Momose Haru, right? I'm the vice principal, Madam Amamiya. This right here is Ito Amane, he's part of the student council, and will be your guide for your first few days here. Here is your class schedule. As for the other matters, I shall leave it for Amane to explain" Madam Amamiya explained with a smile.

Haru took the schedule and politely left with Amane. The two shot dirty looks at each other right away.

"Why must it be you?" Haru spoke. Amane was about to fight back, but he inhaled and exhaled deeply to calm himself down.

"Look, I already apologised to you about what happened that morning. And despite your arrogance, I'm willing to help you. Let's just forget what happened earlier, ok?" Amane spoke calmly and extended his hand to shake with Haru's.

"Forget it. I don't nee-" just as Haru was about to say something, he suddenly thought twice. "Wait, he might just give me a tour of this school, right? That'll make it easier for me to locate Michiyo's bodyguards. And he might just have any useful information about her... " his mind spoke.

He shook hands with Amane. "Ignore what I said earlier. Fine, I shall cooperate with you" he sighed.

Amane smiled. "That's the spirit! Now, class will begin shortly, so how about we head there first. I'll give you a tour after school, if you don't mind" he suggested. Haru nodded. It doesn't matter when, he just needs useful help for his mission.

Recess starts. Haru had to go with Amane, since he won't have a clue about where they were going anyway. Plus, only Amane is willing to talk to him. He acted quiet and unapproachable in class, and none of the other students would want to have anything to do with him.

At the same time, he scans the surroundings, in hopes to spot Michiyo. Chikage had sent him a photo of her to make it easier for him to recognize.

"Yo, Amane. Do you happen to know someone by the name of 'Suzuki Michiyo'?" He asked. Amane looked at him in confusion. "Of course I do, but why did you ask?" Amane asked back.

Haru cheered in his heart. "I-I just heard about her a lot. She's from a very rich family, right?" He played dumb. Amane nodded. "Yes. Because of that, she's pretty popular, yet she is always seen alone. It seems like she has no friends. Some say it's very hard to earn her trust, and she's always awkward with everyone" he explained.

Suddenly, he pointed towards someone passing not far from them. "Speak of the devil, there she is"

Haru looked at the figure. She has long hair and flawless, fair skin. Truly a beautiful person. But that's not why Haru was staring at her.

It's because... She seems oddly familiar.

Yet not because of that photo from earlier.

Haru felt a strange feeling.