13

"I can't believe you got me up this early," I pouted as Camila came bouncing over to me, happy as fuck.

"Well lucky for you, I had the other models get here earlier than this, so you're actually the last one to arrive," she said, meeting me halfway. She then looped her arm through mine and showed me into the warehouse. She took me all the way to the back, dragging me past the photographer and their crew.

I eyed the staging area, immediately stopping to get a better look at the setup. "This is cute as fuck," I blurted out.

"I know, right? I'm so excited." She led me into the dressing room where five other girls were getting ready.

"Good morning ladies, our last model has arrived," Camila said, quickly introducing me to everyone. She then left to finish up last-minute details for the shoot. I sat down to get my hair and makeup done. My hair took longer than I expected, but while I was getting ready, some of the other girls were taking turns on the set.

"Your hair is so thick and pretty," the stylist spoke up. I thanked her as she combed through the finished product. She really did an amazing job. I only like to straighten my hair on special occasions, and even when I get it professionally done, it never comes out this good. Camila told me beforehand that I could wear my hair as I usually do, but I took a chance, and it actually paid off.

"Wow, you did a great job." I complimented her work regardless of the fact that I came with my hair already washed and blow-dried. We exchanged information, and I made sure to save her name and number in my phone. She was super friendly, and we even talked for a bit while another lady did my makeup. Then I got changed, scurrying over to the only clothing rack with my name on it. I threw on the very first outfit.

"Amira!" Camila called my name.

"I'm coming!" I raced out of the room and caught up to everyone. "I'm here."

Camila looked me up and down before letting out a high-pitched squeal. "Bestie, you look so good."

"I know," I teased. Camila nudged me on my side. I nudged her back, both of us laughing a little too hard.

The rest of the photoshoot went great. I had a total of seven costumes with three different backdrops. I took a bunch of individual shots and also some group ones with the rest of the girls. Camila was very particular about her new collection. She wanted to prioritize inclusivity this time around by catering to various audiences. I thought she did a great job in that aspect—recruiting models of different shapes and sizes.

I also feel that I executed my part well enough, and I can't wait to see the end result.

Overall, from start to finish, the whole shoot took about five hours. If it wasn't for Camila having a well-thought-out plan, it would have taken much longer than that. But thankfully, she was well organized for a change.

"Are you busy tonight?" Camila asked as she walked me to my car, carrying a goodie bag in one hand and my lingerie pieces in the other. She said that I could keep them, so I had her wrap them up for me.

"Umm, I texted Rowan that I was finished, but he hasn't responded yet so I'm not sure. Why?"

"I'm celebrating tonight with Rachael and the girls, and I thought that you might want to come," she shrugged.

"I would love to, but I really don't know. I technically shouldn't even be here," I stated.

"Damn, what a bummer. But it's still early though, so let me know what happens."

"Of course." I gave her a hug and we said goodbye. I texted Rowan again, confused about why he was taking so long to respond. I did everything right—I told him in advance about the photoshoot, updated him throughout the week, told him what time I would be done, and I texted him to confirm when I was indeed done with Camila.