12

After taking a long hot bath, I got dressed in one of Rowan's t-shirts and slipped into some clean underwear. I then went into my designated room and laid down under the sheets. I've had a long ass day and now I was dead tired. I reached for my purse and pulled out Erika's business card. I just stared at it until my eyes grew heavy, and when I was starting to doze off, Rowan walked through the door.

"Can you put this back in my purse?" I could barely raise my arm.

"What is this?" He asked as he took the card from me.

"It's from the art gallery I went to—the artist is selling her pieces and she gave me her information so that we could talk about one of them," I said, pulling my arm under the covers and getting even more comfortable. Rowan said nothing else after that, leaving just as fast as he came. I mumbled a goodnight as he closed the door behind him.
.....

After brushing my teeth and washing my face the next morning, I went looking for Rowan. I slowly traveled downstairs, not sure what I was supposed to do since this was the first time we were spending more than just one night together. I lingered around for a bit, searching for Rowan, but at the same time, not really. He actually found me some minutes later, appearing out of nowhere with sweat dripping down his body. And me being me, I instantly became curious as to what he was doing.

"Good morning," he spoke up, removing his earbuds. The action caught my attention.

"Good morning. Did you just go for a run or something?" I asked. He opened the refrigerator and pulled out a jug of water.

"Yes," he took a long sip.

"Are you done?" I asked next. He shook his head no.

"Can I watch?" My question came out a little too enthusiastically, causing Rowan to eye me suspiciously.

"I see you have some energy this morning. Maybe I didn't do a good job of wearing you out last night."

"No no no," my eyes widened. "Trust me, I was worn out, but you let me sleep in, so I'm okay now," I corrected him. He said nothing after that, and I followed him in the direction of his torture room, which is what I decided to call it. I was confused about where we were going until we stopped at a door almost directly across from the garage. I then furrowed my brows in disbelief—I never noticed that another door was right here. Granted, the hallway is usually dark, but still.

Rowan opened the door to reveal a rather large home gym. "This is nice," I spoke softly as I scampered across the room to observe the space. At first glance, it seemed as if he had all the basic gym appliances that one would need, and he even had a boxing ring off in the corner. And when I found my way into another section of the room, I spotted where he kept his cardio equipment. He had a treadmill, an elliptical, a bike, and even a stair stepper. This shit was impressive, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Rowan.

When I saw some mats sitting off to the side, I went to go grab one. I then placed it on the floor and angled it to where I could see Rowan. I smiled to myself, plopping down on my stomach to get comfortable. Watching him lift weights was like watching a movie about a fine-ass man doing fine-ass things. And in the movie, all the women love him and all the men love to hate him. The male protagonist doesn't have to force anything—everything comes naturally to him, including the unsolicited attention from others.

I wasn't sure how much time went by, but Rowan eventually called me over to him. I stood and quickly placed the mat back where I found it. I then sauntered over to where he was sitting.

"Turn around, lock your knees, and fold your arms across your chest," he told me. I immediately did as I was told. Rowan then sat up and placed one hand directly between my shoulder blades, and his other gripping the back of my thighs. He slowly took his original position, laying with his back flat against the long bench. He lifted me easily, but I wobbled as I wasn't expecting the sudden movement. Rowan took a moment to readjust while I crossed my ankles, as instructed. And with my thighs now clenched together, Rowan could better secure his hand.