𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍.

❝ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴠᴏᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀɪᴠɪʟᴇɢᴇꜱ, ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ

❝ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴠᴏᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀɪᴠɪʟᴇɢᴇꜱ, ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ.❞

╭┈───────
╰┈─➤ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃.

"Okay, well, the stars say he's going to kill you in your sleep."

"Pfft, do you even hear how ridiculous that sounds?"

"It's true! I don't know how many times I have to warn you."

You laughed and shook your head, "He's not gonna kill me, Mona."

"Whatever, he's suspicious," she huffed. "Plus, you've made your life all about him ever since he showed up. I know I was your only friend, but geez..."

"I-" You stammered. "I did not!"

"You did!" She replied. "We haven't even gotten to spend time together."

"Then we will," you smiled. "I've also been busy with everything else, though. You know that, right?"

She sighed, "Yes, I'm aware. It's a shame..."

"I know," you said with a somber nod. "But hey, maybe we could hang out after work tomorrow?"

Her lips twitched upward as she suppressed a small grin, "Of course."

Happy with her answer, you subconsciously glanced around in search of Scaramouche, but he seemed to be nowhere in the cafeteria. Your brows furrowed together and you tapped your foot against the floor, resisting the urge to find him.

"You're looking for him again, aren't you?" Mona asked monotonously, drawing your attention back to her.

"...No, of course not..."

She stared at you with an expectant expression, waiting for you to admit it, but you only groaned and turned your head away while a slight pink hue rose to your cheeks. She uttered a sigh at your behavior and gently drummed the table with her fingertips, the sound engulfed by the chaotic chatter within the room.

"Go look for him," she rolled her eyes. "You're so in-love, it almost makes me sick."

Your eyes darted back to her as you blushed profusely, heart stuttering in your chest, "What?! I'm not in love!"

"Your blush isn't very convincing."

Grumbling curses under your breath, you stood up and slipped past the various tables scattered across the floor, feeling Mona's eyes burning into the back of your head as you did so. Eventually, though, you slid into the hallway and out of her sight, exhaling shortly.

Humming quietly, you traversed the halls until you reached the old art room, where you hoped to see Scaramouche. But when you peered through the window on the door, no one could be seen. With a twinge of pain now residing in your chest, you hesitantly creaked the door open and entered, glancing around the area.