𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎.

❝ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ, ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴇᴍꜱ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

❝ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ, ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴇᴍꜱ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ.❞

──➤ THE REALIZATION OF LOVE

The next day, you woke up astronomically late when Teucer ran into your room, saying you had a visitor. You begrudgingly sat up and rubbed your eyes, forcing yourself out of bed. However, when you tripped off the last step and into the living room, you weren't expecting to see Kazuha waiting for you on the sofa.

"K-Kazuha?" You stammered in surprise as he whipped his head around, worried because of the abrupt noise. "What are you doing here?"

He stood up and you realized he was holding a bouquet of yellow flowers, "I heard you were sick, so I... I decided to visit and check on you."

You awkwardly stood on your heels and nodded, "Thanks, I appreciate it... Um... Teucer, could you go to your room?"

The boy looked at you skeptically, but he still dashed up the stairs and once you heard his door shut, you let out a breath of relief and let your shoulders relax. Kazuha walked around the couch and held out the flowers to you.

"I also wanted to apologize."

You hesitantly took the bouquet, your hands brushing against his as you did so. This was a friendly gesture, as evident by the color. Your eyes darted to the side, unable to meet his gaze.

"Apologize... for what, exactly?" You asked.

He furrowed his brows and looked down, grasping the edge of his shirt with both hands, "Well, the way I... broke up with you... wasn't very honorable. At the time, it seemed like the right decision, but in hindsight, I was wrong. Because of my ignorance, things are very stiff between us, and I want that to change."

Your eyes widened and you finally looked him in the eye. You never expected an apology for the break up, but you were pleased to know he was remorseful. You didn't stop crying for weeks after he left you, but you always thought you were being overdramatic.

"Thank you," you smiled softly. "I don't blame you for your reasoning, though. It happens."

"I'm glad you understand," he nodded. "I only ignored your attempts to contact me because I was afraid of my guilt. I was avoiding it, which wasn't getting me anywhere."

"I get it," you said. "If I could avoid all my problems, I would definitely do it. Even if it was only for a minute of peace."

A sudden pang in your head caused you to swerve to the side. Kazuha went to put his hands on your shoulders to keep you up, but you pushed yourself back and against the wall, out of reach. You winced and shook your head slightly.

"Sorry, I don't wanna get you sick."

"It's fine," he smiled. "But we should both stop apologizing for today."