𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎.

❝ᴅᴏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ

❝ᴅᴏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ.❞

╰──➤ 𝘽𝙀𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙇𝙀𝙁𝙏 𝘼𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙀

"I left him two full meals in the fridge, just heat them up in the microwave and it should be fine. He needs to be in bed by eight o'clock, then you can do whatever you want. If he starts annoying you or something while you're trying to get him to sleep, you can try reading him a bedtime story. It makes him drowsy, as long as you don't raise your voice. I left you some food as well, the packages have sticky notes with your name on them."

"When did you have the time to make so much food?"

"I woke up early this morning. Anyway, here's a key, just in case Ajax left already."

You handed him your house key and he stared at it momentarily.

"Isn't this yours?" He asked.

"Yeah, but you aren't planning to steal my house key, right?"

"No..." He slowly shook his head, grabbing his backpack. "Thanks."

"I should be thanking you," you smiled. "I hope Teucer won't be too much trouble for you."

"Well, I can't really tell you he won't be, so..."

You chuckled, "Good luck. Tell him goodnight for me."

"Will do. See you later."

"See ya!"

As he left Komore Teahouse, he thought of how you treated Teucer. Not that it was bad, but it created concern. You acted more like his mom than an older sister, and Scaramouche guessed you felt that way as well. He did envy how much you cared for your brothers.

As he put his hand on the doorknob, he prayed that Ajax wouldn't be there. But he turned it easily, revealing that it was opened. He heaved a sigh and forced himself to walk inside. No one was in the living room, and he didn't hear anyone in the kitchen. He wasn't sure what to do. Announce his presence like he lived there? 

"Um... Anyone here?" He called.

He promptly heard footsteps dashing down the upstairs hallway and by how light they sounded, he determined it was Teucer. He knew he was correct when Teucer jumped off the stairs and into the living room. Scaramouche flinched at his actions, cringing at the loud boom from when the boy's feet hit the wood floor.

"Scara!" He beamed. "Hey!"

"Hey, kid..." He greeted awkwardly. "Where's Ajax?"

"Oh, he left already. It's just me!"

"He left?" Scaramouche mumbled, thinking back to the open door. Was Ajax seriously that irresponsible? He debated with himself over whether or not to withhold that information from you.