𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚜.

❝ʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ

❝ʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ.❞

╰──➤ 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙉𝙂 𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙀 𝘾𝙍𝙄𝙎𝙄𝙎

Well, Scaramouche's suspension was over.

"A new student will be joining your class today. Introduce yourself."

...

Miss Gunnhildr sighed, "This is Xiao, your new classmate. I've set up another desk at the back of class, behind Y/n."

Xiao wordlessly walked to the back row of class and sat down behind you. You glanced over to Scaramouche and saw a blank expression on his face as he wrote in his notebook. He looked almost peaceful. His eyes were calm and his lips weren't pulled in any particular direction; he looked neutral. That was the best expression you'd seen on him so far. He sensed your gaze and turned his head, causing you to look away as quick as possible.

"Y/n, will you be able to catch Xiao up on all his classes?" Miss Gunnhildr asked.

Your head perked up, "I'm sorry, but I don't have the time."

"You're sure?"

"Yes, I'm very sure."

"Hm... Sucrose, then?"

"Y-Yes, ma'am!" Sucrose piped up.

"Alright. You can all do whatever you'd like until the bell rings," Miss Gunnhildr declared.

You quickly pulled out your homework folder and took out a worksheet you didn't get to finish the previous night. You were working until 1 am, when you fell asleep at your desk. Scaramouche noticed your actions and raised his eyebrows, surprised that you hadn't already completed it. He looked closely at the contents of the paper and identified it as the History practice sheet.

"You aren't done your homework yet?" He asked.

"Does it look like I'm done?" You sighed.

Seems like she's been in a worse mood than normal... 

"Do you need help?"

Wait, what? He thought.

You looked up to him and observed his face, looking for any signs of an ulterior motive, but nothing showed itself. You exhaled quietly.

"I thought I was supposed to be helping you. Your answers are probably wrong..."

"I checked all my answers online last night," he rolled his eyes.

"Still, I'm not gonna cheat on my homework. Stop distracting me."

"Fine, don't accept my help," he shrugged nonchalantly.

You only had a few questions left, and you answered most of them with ease. One took a bit more brainpower to figure out, but you got it soon enough. You put the paper back in your folder and stuffed it in your backpack. While you did so, Scaramouche finished the picture he was drawing with a led pencil.