𝚢/𝚗 I.

❝ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ!❞

╰──➤ 𝙔/𝙉 𝙄

Once your shift was done and Kazuha took over for you, you headed home and dropped your backpack beside the front door, throwing yourself over the back of the couch and onto the cushions. 

"Sounds like Y/n's back!" Ajax cheered.

"Oh, yeah!" Teucer gasped.

The little boy grabbed his older brother's hand and dragged him to the living room, where you laid facing the ceiling.

"Y/n!" Teucer called, jumping on top of you.

You yelped and stifled a groan from pain, "H-Hey, Teucer. How was your day?"

"Good! I made a new friend today!" He grinned.

"Oh? What's your friend's name?" You asked, sitting up so that Teucer was on your lap.

"Qiqi! She was super nice."

"I'm glad you made a friend," you said.

"Oh, oh! And Big Brother Ajax bought me some new toys!"

...Are you kidding me?

As Teucer's eyes closed with his glee, you sent a glare toward Ajax. He couldn't stop himself from averting his gaze in reply. 

"Teucer, how about we go up to your room so we can play with your new toys?" You suggested.

He gasped and jumped off your lap, standing on the hard floor, "Really? Okay!"

"You go ahead first, I need to thank Ajax for giving you so many presents," you smiled, though it was superficial.

"Okay!"

He hastily rushed off to his room and once you heard his bedroom door shut, you stood up and walked to Ajax. He could tell he was in for a good scolding, so he mentally prepared himself before you even opened your mouth.

"What were you thinking?"

"I just wanted to spoil him a little, is that so bad?"

"Ajax, we don't have enough money to pay all of the bills this month! I love Teucer just as much as you do, but he has plenty of toys as it is, and I'm gonna have to work to get that money back! We need to save as much as possible, but apparently you don't even know what that means."

"Y/n, I told you I'd handle it-"

"But you won't! I know you won't!" You raised your voice, your emotions beginning to show as a fierce blaze in your eyes. "You've been saying that for two months and you still haven't handled it! For the past while, you've been coming up short on money and it's because you keep spending it on stupid shit that we don't need!"