𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐.

❝ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ!?❞

╰──➤ 𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂

"Scara's here!" Teucer cheered, hugging the older boy's leg.

"Yeah..." Scaramouche said awkwardly. "Where's Y/n?"

"In the kitchen!"

He sighed and sauntered into the kitchen to find you cooking dinner for Teucer. You turned your head and sent him a smile before continuing.

"Hey," you greeted.

"Hey," Scaramouche replied. "And remind me why you're not resting?"

"Just because I'm sick doesn't mean Teucer can suddenly make food for himself," you rolled your eyes.

"Ajax should've taken care of him, the kid's gonna get sick."

"Well that's a bone to pick with him, not me. I've been avoiding him."

He glanced to Teucer, who was standing behind him. The smaller boy had a look of concern and sadness on his face. He furrowed his eyebrows and pinched the bridge of his nose, looking back to you.

"Is this about the art class thing?"

"Yes," you answered, hearing the small click of the flame as you turned it off, plating Teucer's meal. "Food's finished!"

Both you and Scaramouche knew it wouldn't be good to speak of your issues with Ajax in front of your little brother, so you set down the plate on the table to let him eat and went to go upstairs.

"You coming?" You asked.

"...Give me a sec."

"Okay then."

Both boys sat at the table across from each other and it was obvious that Teucer wasn't speaking as much as normal. Actually, he wasn't saying anything at all. He had a troubled look in his eye. When he finally spoke, it caused even more concern.

"...Are they gonna be okay?"

Scaramouche thought about his answer, wondering what he would've wanted to hear when he was a kid. He never wanted to be lied to, but he knew you and Ajax were different from his parents. You especially.

"It'll be fine, kid," he said in a harsher tone to mask the kindness of his words. "They'll work it out."

"When will that be...?"

"...It'll probably get worse before it gets better. Could be a while, but stop worrying about it. Just keep playing with your stupid toys and trust your siblings to take care of it."

Teucer smiled, "Okay."

♕︎❯────「♕︎」────❮♕︎