𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜.

❝ᴏʜ, ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ-❞

❝ᴏʜ, ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ-❞

╭┈───────
╰┈─➤ 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒.

[I didn't check to see if i mentioned any of the new characters in this chapter so if I did, no i didn't]

"Wait, what?"

"Let me meet your friends," Scaramouche demanded. "I mean, unless you don't have any-"

"I-I have friends!" She stammered, narrowing her eyes at him. "Why do you wanna meet them, though?"

He rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh, "Do I really need a reason? I just want to make sure they're good enough for you."

She stared at him skeptically while packing her bag with supplies, pondering over whether or not it was a good idea. She knew it was likely going to result in disaster, or endless teasing from her brother, but Makoto still considered it. She took this as an odd approach to become closer, like they used to be.

"Fine," she said. "After my tutoring session, we're going out to Uyuu Restaurant. You can join us if you want."

He wasn't surprised Ei was having her take an extra tutoring session on a Sunday, so he didn't pay mind to it, "Do you want me to drive you there?"

She paused and cringed as she recalled the last time Ei drove her to one of these classes. She was extremely thankful that she had the privilege of riding the bus to school, or else that nightmare would be an everyday occurrence...

"Okay," she nodded.

Ei's footsteps echoed down the stairs as her keys jangled while dangling from her finger, and Makoto froze. However, she promptly forced her body to relax and threw her bag over her shoulder.

"Are you ready to go?" Ei questioned with a hard glare.

"I'm driving her today," Scaramouche stated, crossing his arms over his chest and countering her scowl with a bitter frown.

His mother seemed to contemplate his words before sighing and rolling her eyes, holding out the keys. She only caved because she didn't want to experience the same frustrations as the previous time, and Scaramouche's grades had been steadily improving. Even so, she wasn't impressed. He could've done better.

He snatched the keys from her grasp and sauntered to the door, swiftly pulling it open and nodding for Makoto to follow him out. She did, breathing in fresh air as she left the hellscape that was her own house.

Once they'd both hopped into the car and Scaramouche started it up, he carefully pulled out of the driveway and started the journey after Makoto informed him of where to go. 

"Do you think you guys are ever gonna make up?" Makoto queried suddenly.

Scaramouche glanced in her direction before refocusing on the road, "Honestly, probably not."