𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎.

❝ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ

❝ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.❞

╰──➤ 𝙋𝙄𝘾𝙏𝙐𝙍𝙀𝙎 𝙊𝙁 𝙋𝙀𝙊𝙋𝙇𝙀

Snap!

During lunch, you decided to practice using your camera to take pictures of people. It was going about as well as you expected. You were horrible at it. Everyone always moved too quickly for you to get a photo, since you were trying to catch them as they acted naturally, talking to all their friends. You felt a hole swallow up your heart inside your chest as you watched them, all carelessly smiling and laughing with each other. Eventually, you gave up since you were sure you started to look like a creep that people would be talking about for two days before forgetting about.

But while you were observing the room from against the wall, camera in hand, you noticed Scaramouche was nowhere to be found. You craned your neck forward as if that would help you see better, but still no sign of him. You didn't know anyone who would know where he was, so you left to look for him yourself. Mona watched from your usual table with puzzled eyes. You wandered through the halls, wondering where he would choose to go, but then it hit you.

The old art room.

You kept your footsteps quiet, sneaking on your toes as you peeked through the doorway. The room probably looked dusty with a closer look, but from the hallway, it seemed the same as it always was. The school cut off the art program since no one was interested in it and after some feedback from students who said it was their least favorite class, everyone decided it wasn't worth it. Of course, though, the staff were too lazy to clear the room out to put something else in.

Scaramouche stood in the middle of the room, though he wasn't doing much. Just sitting atop one of the tables, breathing. You inhaled deeply and exhaled before stepping in, letting him hear you. His head swirled around, panicked since he thought it must've been a teacher. He let out a sigh when his eyes met yours, and he turned back around.

You sat beside him, gazing at the now discarded art pieces the previous teacher hung up on the walls. They were all left to waste, collecting dust.

"So... What are you doing in here?" You asked awkwardly. You were hesitant, since something about his behavior told you he didn't want to talk.

"Some people eat lunch in the bathrooms. This is what I do."

You were surprised he didn't ask what you were doing there. You clasped your hands together and laid them on your lap, letting your legs swing back and forth.

"You're not eating anything," you pointed out.

"I didn't bring anything."

"Ah," you nodded. "Well... I'd offer you food, but I didn't bring any either."

"That broke, huh?"

"...You seem upset, did something happen?"

"I was just thinking."