22

HELLO HELLO!!! everything is gonna get better...maybe ;)

ALSOOO ANOTHER DOUBLE DROP!!!! i've finished writing and editing the rest of this book and it's very depressing. buuut yes

ENJOY!!!

i'm pacing back and forth in the living room, my phone held up to my ear, my other hand either running through my hair or over my face.

"there has to be something to do.", i say with a firm tone, "i don't care if me loving him doesn't oblige by your rules, but if you love someone you don't leave them to die."

i've been arguing over the phone with lucinda for hours now. it's around 10am and ricky's still sleeping in the bedroom.

i barely got any sleep last night. i was up all night, crying and too worried to shut my eyes.

"nini listen...if there was something we could do, we'd do it...but i don't know what to do."

"would you?", i question, "would you actually? because i can think of something we could do."

"what is it?", she sighs.

"i'm going back into that building and finding an antidote.", i tell her.

"nini you can't—"

"try and stop me. you're half way across the world.", i scoff, "and you clearly don't seem too worried."

i hang up and let out an angry sigh, falling down to the couch. i run my hands over my face, beginning to feel helpless.

"neens!", i hear ricky call out.

i jump up, going into the bedroom room to see him awake but still lying down. i force a smile at him and walk up to him.

"you okay?", i ask, gulping.

"can you get me some water? my throat is on fire.", he mentions and i nod.

when i come back with the water, he takes sips of it as i just stare at him.

"i need to make a call, i'll be right back.", i tell him, walking away.

i dial the number of william gallagher because he's still here with us. i hold the phone next to my ear, listening to the ringing.

"nini, hey what's up?", he answers.

"can you get me back into that building?", i ask.

he goes silent and i can only faintly hear his breathing. i pace back and forth again, anxiously waiting for his answer.

"i think...the fbi are still searching the place though.", he explains.

i shake my head, "that's okay...they know me."

he hangs up and then i walk back into the bedroom. ricky's twisting the top back onto the water bottle when he looks up at me.

"hey...", i sigh, "i'm gonna run out real quick okay? i'm gonna get some things at the store."

he nods his head, giving me a thumbs up.

"call me or dr martins if anything happens.", i tell him, leaning down to kiss his lips.

i slide tennis shoes on and grab my phone and backpack. i sling it over my shoulder and exit the hotel room, letting the door shut behind me.

when i arrive in the lobby, i see him waiting for me by the entrance doors. i wave hello to him as i'm walking up.

"good morning.", he greets, nodding his head down at me.

i nod my head to him with a small smile before following him outside and to his car. my fingers fidget with each other while we drive down the roads.

"so what do you have going on here?", he questions, glancing over at me.

"i'm finding an...an antidote.", i say.

i see his brows scrunch up and i take that as a cue to further explain.

"they injected ricky with something when they captured us...now he's—", i pause, sucking in a breath, "slowly dying because of it."

"oh wow...i uh- i'm sorry to hear that.", he answers, "i can help you look."

i nod, "thanks"

we park at the building and i see all the fbi and police cars gathered around outside. i notice them staring at us as we get out of the car.

"officer gallagher...miss roberts.", the fbi chief greets, "what brings ya'll here today?"

"i need to search for something...", i tell him.

"their blocking off the area right now i don't know if—"

"please", i cut him off, "it's urgent...my boyfriends life is on the line and-"

"okay...okay but you're gonna have to make it quick.", he says and i let out a breath of relief.

"thank you so much, we will.", i say, taking william's hand and dragging him towards the entrance.

we walk inside and multiple fbi agents are dusting for fingerprints and bagging up evidence.

officer gallagher follows me through the building as i push through doors and run down the basement stairs.

i'm holding onto the rail, running down each step. finally we reach the bottom and i open the doors, immediately feeling flashbacks take over my thoughts when i see the dark cell.

i suck in a breath and walk past them, into a room. i look around at the lab tables and test tubes sitting on them.

"look for...anything honestly.", i breath out.

we separate onto either side and i sit down at a table, reaching for the boxes of things. everything is still in the same spot as it was when i was lying on that surgery table and it's tripping me out.

i rummage through the boxes until there's none left and i let out a breath.

"i can't find anything.", i groan, looking over to officer gallagher.

it's been over an hour and we've practically stripped the place down. i stand up, my hands on my hips as i glance once more around the room.

"i think i found something.", i hear him say.

i immediately turn around and see him reaching under the surgery table. i hear what sounds like velcro unstick and he pulls out a small gray briefcase.

he hands it to me and i set it on a table, undoing the clasps. i lift the top off and inside holds a syringe with contents inside it. there's a piece of paper with it and i grab it, reading the words out loud.

"only to be used by professionals.", i read first, "inject into left arm once experiment is complete."

my eyes scan towards the bottom and i quietly gasp.

"test subject: ricky bowen.", i read, "is that his last name?"

"you're dating him and you don't know his last name?", he questions and i roll my eyes, "but yes that's his last name."

i shove the paper back in the case and close the clasps, picking it up by its handle.

"let's get out.", i say.