20

HEYYYY!!!! how we doing after...that last chapta?

alsooo i'm curious to know: if i created a book that was like a get to know me book, would y'all ask me questions that i can answer?? like would it be interesting- idk i saw some others do it and i thought it was a good way for y'all to know me better!

ALSO DOUBLE CHAPTER DROP TONIGHT SURPRISE

ENJOY!!

we're back at the hotel room now and ricky is lying in the bed. the agency doctor is in the bedroom with him, running tests.

i'm seated outside in the living room in the silence. i'm biting my lower lip as my leg bounces with anxiety.

my head pops up at the sound of the bedroom door closing. i see the doctor walking towards me, his medical case in his hands. i immediately stand, crossing my arms together.

"what happened to him?", i ask.

he lets out a breath, setting his briefcase down.

he clears his throat, "i need you to tell me what happened when you two were taken into custody by the enemy."

"w-we we're at the agency and then...then the lights turned off and the next thing i knew was ricky was gone. then they placed some cloth on me and i passed out. then we were in the cells."

he nods his head, grabbing papers from his bag and looking at them.

"we're...we're not sure exactly what's wrong.", he admits, "but something is in his blood that...that's not good."

"w-what do you mean?", i nervously laugh, "not good? not good as in...he's gonna die not good or...or he'll be fine in a couple days not good?"

"depending on how this reacts with his system...it could go either way.", he answers and i feel my heart drop.

"call me if anything happens...", he says as he exits our room.

when the door shuts, i fall down to the couch, biting on my nails. my breathing is shaky and my nerves are flowing throughout my body at the speed of light.

i take my phone out of my back pocket and immediately call lucinda.

"nini hello? is everything okay?", she answers, "i'm trying to monitor where the fbi are over there."

"n-no no nothing is fine!", i exclaim, standing up and beginning to pace, "the fbi needs to put those idiots into prison right now!"

"nini slow down...they're working on it.", she replies, "what's going on?"

"they-they did something to ricky when they took him first!", i exclaim, running my hand over my face, "he's sick now and the doctor says he could either die or live! that gives me absolutely nothing!"

lucinda lets out a breath, "okay listen let me get this straight, first we had to make sure you both didn't kill each other because you hated one another so much and now you're worried about him?"

i scoff, "screw the details lucinda! he needs help!"

i hang up and shove my phone in my back pocket. i take a couple deep breaths, trying to calm myself.

i crack open the bedroom door to see ricky leaning against the headboard of the bed. he turns towards me and i slightly smile.

"hey...uh how ya doing?", i ask.

he shrugs, "my insides feel...weird but—"

i chuckle a little and go to the opposite side of the bed, sitting down next to him. he coughs a little and i perk up.

"do you want some water?", i ask.

he nods his head and i get up, walking into the kitchen of the room. i open the fridge and get a water bottle out, twisting the top off as i walk back to ricky.

i hand him the open bottle and he carefully sips on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's the next morning and i'm snacking on an apple as i watch tv in the living room. ricky's still sleeping in the bedroom and i'm starting to worry more about him. he's a lot more tired now and seems groggy.

i get up and throw the apple core in the trash can before peeking inside the bedroom. ricky stirs around and i walk further inside.

i'm standing next to him and his eyes slightly open. i smile at him and run my fingers through his curls.

"morning", i say.

he rubs his eyes, groaning. i press my lips together and let out a breath, leaning down to kiss his face.

"do you need anything?"

he shakes his head and i walk to the dresser in the room, grabbing a pair of leggings and a plain white t-shirt. i enter the bathroom, beginning to get ready.

as im applying my mascara my phone begins to buzz against the countertops. i glance down to see lucinda's contact. i immediately pick it up and answer the call.

"hello?", i say, eager.

"it's done.", she informs, "the war is done."

i let out a breath of relief, "thank gosh...so they've captured them?"

"they did. they're bringing them to a base in paris and they'll leave tomorrow to come back here.", lucinda says.

"do you think i can go speak with the head person behind it all? mark?", i slowly ask.

lucinda goes quiet and i soon hear a breath get let out of her mouth.

"i suppose...but you need to be careful nini. just because we've arrested them doesn't mean they're not dangerous.", she tells me and i nod my head.

"i know i know. thank you!", i say, hanging up.

as soon as i take my phone away from my ear, my phone buzzes. i read the message from lucinda that says i can go this afternoon and she included the base coordinates. i take in a breath and exit the bathroom, plopping down next to ricky.

i notice he doesn't move and i perk up, looking over at him.

"ricky?", i say, lightly pushing his shoulder.

he doesn't move and i sit up now, crawling over him to see his face.

"ricky! ricky wake up!", i exclaim.