2

HII!!!!! ik i say this w every story i write but the first chapters are always the most boring and i apologize-

ENJOY!!!

i set my hand on the small device on the wall. a blue light scans it and then the doors open. i walk inside and look around, seeing people walking frantically everywhere.

my brows furrow as i step into the elevator. i ride up to the highest floor when the elevator dings and the doors slide open. i walk out and to lucinda's office doors.

i knock before slightly creaking the door open.

"come on inside."

i open the door fully, stepping into her office. i see my parents sitting down on a couch and lucinda sitting at her desk.

"what's up?", i ask, plopping down on a sofa chair.

"we...have an urgent problem.", my mom says.

"what is it?"

"the fbi has informed us that another country is doing extremely illegal activity. they're hacking, stealing, and...", my dad clears his throat.

"and?"

"and threatening to go to war with us if we don't give them what they want.", he finishes his sentence.

i sit up straight now, "well what do they want?"

all three of them exchange glances with each other and i look back and forth between them all.

"hello?", i interrupt the silence.

lucinda let's out a sigh, "that's the thing...we don't exactly know. so that's where you come in."

"you're being paired with the second best spy from the agency. you two are being sent to this country to figure out what they're after.", my mom explains.

i stand up, slightly shaking my head, "w-what? you're sending me to another country alone?!"

my dad stands up and places his hand on my shoulder, "you'll be with your partner—"

"i don't even know who it is!", i exclaim.

"you'll meet him tomorrow.", lucinda says.

i turn my head to look at her, "him?! you could've at least paired me with a girl—"

"he's the second best. and this is extremely important. you can't tell anyone about this.", lucinda demands, "not even ej."

i let out a breath, "okay well...i guess i'll be back tomorrow then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's the next day and i'm getting ready to go back to the agency to meet the person i'm going to a whole other country with.

listen...normally i'm excited when i'm assigned a new mission, but this one...this is something else.

a different country?!

alone?!

with a stranger?!

if i don't come back you know what happened.

"neens we need to leave!", my dad shouts from downstairs.

i tie my hair into a ponytail, pulling small hairs out to frame my face.

"coming!", i call back, grabbing my phone and running down the stairs.

i see my parents waiting at the door and they open it, letting me walk out first. we get into our car and begin driving to to the agency.

when we arrive in the parking lot and the car engine shuts off, i feel my stomach begin to churn with nerves.

i stare out of the window at the building, my thumbs twiddling around with each other. my dad knocks on the window and sends me back to reality. i get out of the car and all three of us begin to walk up to the agency doors.

once we get inside, we walk back to lucinda's office. i take a deep breath before opening the door and walking inside.

i force a small smile to lucinda before my eyes glance to the side and i see a curly haired brunette seated on the couch. he's leaning forward, holding himself up by his arms leaning on his knees. his two hands are grasped together and he's staring forward.

oh.

my.

gosh.

is this man even real?!

"good morning nini.", lucinda says, "have a seat."

i nod my head and sit down on the sofa chair on the opposite side of the room. i'm forcing my eyes to stay looking at the ground but every now and then i can't help but look up and take a glance.

"okay let's get started."

i suck in a nervous breath, blowing the air out of my mouth. i fold my arms together, putting one leg over the other.

"ricky...this is going to be your partner, nini. and nini...this is going to be your partner ricky.", lucinda introduces us.

the boy finally looks up and his complexion makes me go...insane.

i hope he's nice.

i slightly smile at him and and he presses his lips together, nodding his head at me.

"okay we have more details on your mission. you two are going to france—"

my eyes widen and my posture changes, "hold on- france?! i mean i knew we were going to another country but that- that's so far."

lucinda sighs, placing her hands on the top of her desk, "nini...this is your job. this could effect our entire country and we're counting on you."

i let out a breath, sitting back again. as she continues to explain our mission, my eyes continuously glance at the boy. he's staring down at the ground, his hands fidgeting together still.

"understood?"

both our heads pop up and we look at lucinda. nodding our heads, we stand up and exit the room.

ricky's pov

she...she's the prettiest girl i've ever seen.

i'm absolutely terrified to be sent across the world...with her.

how am i the second best spy at this agency? i have no idea.

both of us are walking next to each other as we exit the building. my parents are waiting in their car and i notice another car behind it.

"nice meeting you.", i blurt out.

she stops walking and looks up at me, nodding, "nice meeting you...see you later."

i nod and get into the backseat of the car. i jump when i see gina sitting in the backseats as well.

"what are you doing here?", i ask, chuckling.

she shrugs, "felt like coming. sooo what's the new mission? and oh! who's the girl?"

she smirks at me, nudging my arm. i swat her hand away and let out a breath.

"i can't tell you what the mission is...but she's my partner for it.", i explain, "i have to travel though."

"to where?"

"france."

"what?! you lucky rat.", she groans.

nini's pov

"so...when do you leave?", my parents ask.

"tuesday...two days away.", i sigh, staring out the window, "why'd they even choose me for such an important mission? i'm only 17."

"because honey...you're the best spy they have.", my dad reassures me, "make sure to train a little...to prepare."

i sigh, nodding my head and watching the street lights pass by as we head towards our house.