CHAPTER 55

Lisa,

I'll leave for now. It doesn't mean that I'm going to leave you for real and never come back. I'm leaving because I have to. In all these things that happened to me, to both of us. I have decided to stay away for the time being. I need time for myself to heal and that's all I ask for. By the way, I remember everything about my past. This is another type of story wherein it is just me and you are excluded. Even though it is part of the past, the pain still seems fresh to me and I feel like it just happened yesterday. I can't escape this now so I have no choice but to face it alone. This is my battle and I want you to understand my decision. I hope you can wait for me until I become worthy of you and your love. And when the time comes and everything's fine, I will come back for you, my love.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Lisa's POV

These were the last words I received from Jennie. She didn't even wait for me to wake up so we could talk about this. In the first place, she doesn't need to stay away from me. But that's what she wants and I have no choice but to give it to her with respect to her own decision.

This might be good for both of us. Maybe just like her, I also need time for myself.

"So what are you going to do now?", Jisoo Unnie asked all of a sudden which made me back in trance.

I looked at her with a blank expression. "I don't know", I simply answered and put the letter back on the table.

"Jennie texted me to come that's why I'm here. But she didn't mention anything about that. I'm sorry If I came late. If only I had come here earlier, I might have stopped her from doing what she will be going to do", Jisoo Unnie said.

"No, it's okay, Unnie. Even if you got the chance to talk to her or I woke up before she left, that will still be her decision and the same goes for me. I will not change my mind to give her what she wants."

-----

Jisoo's POV

6:00 AM

I suddenly woke up because I felt pain in my neck. It's hard to sleep on the couch, especially now that my wife is not next to me. How can I sleep well? I should just sleep there next to Lisa.

I looked in front of me where Lisa was. But she's not in the bed. I immediately stood up and looked for her. She wasn't in the restroom so I'd ask the nurse if they saw Lisa walking around. The only answer I've got is they didn't notice Lisa leave the room. So I thought maybe Lisa is just around and she'll come back soon. I go back to the room and decided to sleep again this time in Lisa's bed. I was so tired from the bar last night that I deserved a good sleep.

I was about to lie down on a bed when I saw her billing statement and a black card on the table. There's also a piece of paper attached to it.

Unnie, Here's my card. Use it to pay for my hospital bill. Don't worry. I already signed it. Since you're my guardian, you should take care of everything there. Thank you. See you later :)

Ps. Return the card to me.

Automatically, I massaged my temple after I read what was written on the paper.