CHAPTER 33

Jennie had been feeling short of breath for this passed few weeks and had started having really dark thoughts. She had been under a lot of stress and a feeling of extremely fatigue. She always refused to consult a doctor as her wife always insisted on her. Jennie and Lisa always having a quarrel for whatever reasons, even in small things which made her even more stressed.

It all accumulated one night when she suddenly had the overwhelming feeling that she was being crushed by despair, hopelessness and panic. Jennie broke down and feels suffocated. She couldn't breathe properly and was rocked by deep sobs that she couldn't control.

7:00 PM

Lisa closed the cafe early tonight because she was already tired of working all day. She forbid Jennie to helped her work and let her rest for a while. Out of nowhere, she felt uneasy and become so worried about her wife so she went home immediately. When she came home from work, Lisa found Jennie crying in their room.

"Love, what happened? Why are you crying? Does anything hurt?", as Lisa nervously checking the condition of her wife. But Jennie ignores her and doesn't talk to her.

"Let go of me...", Jennie cried out and shoved her wife away.

"Love...Stop acting this way again. Please?", Lisa said with a low voice. Jennie sat down and looked at her wife in disbelief. "What did you say?! What do you mean....again? Are you perhaps getting tired of me now?"

"No Love, I didn't say anything like that", Lisa let out a heavy sighed.

"Yeah, You're right...You didn't even say anything but that's what you're pointing at!", Jennie began to raised her voice.

"Love, please... Not now. I'm so tired. I don't have energy to fight with you." Lisa stood up and get her clothes in the closet to changed. "Stop crying already. Have you eaten yet? What do you want me to cook for you?", she added while changing her clothes. Jennie doesn't answer her. She massage her temple as she walks toward her wife.

"Hey, Look at me," she said softly but Jennie refuses to it.

"Love...."

Jennie still wasn't looking at her with that she knelt down to see her wife's face. Lisa wiped away Jennie's tears that keeps flowing on its cheeks. At that time, she took and held her wife's hands.

"I love you....", Lisa softly smiled trying to lighten up the mood.

"Come on, Love. Stop crying and talk to me. Didn't you missed me? ", she giggled. The smile on her lips suddenly fade when Jennie removed her hands on her grip.

"What's wrong?!", Lisa asked confusedly.

Jennie stood up and walk quietly towards the closet. She get some of her clothes and then put it all inside the luggage. Lisa quickly approached Jennie to stopped it from packing things.

"Love! What is this? What are you doing?!", Lisa's voice was trembling. "Is it because of what I said earlier?! That's doesn't really make sense", as she explained and apologized for it. "Alright, I'm sorry."

"There's nothing wrong with you. It is because I no longer know what's happening to me that is why I am to blame for everything.", Jennie coldly said.

"Love, Don't do this! Let's just fix this like we always did. What do you want? I'll give it to you....just don't be like this? Please?", Lisa was in a verge of crying. Jennie looked at her with a blank expression. "I need to breathe, Lisa. I feel so suffocated! Just let me go." Jennie messed up her hair and sighed heavily. "Please, just this one...Let me breathe for a while and fix myself.". Her voice cracked and her tears betrayed her again.