Chapter 23

The demon watches the woman sleeping peacefully on her bed. Jennie has been struggling to sleep for the past few days, she was worried that if she were to be vulnerable, someone might take advantage of her. Lust thought of a solution to encourage the young woman to take a bit of rest, at least enough for her to sleep for eight hours.

From what the demon noticed during the day, Jennie tends to doze off around the girls or Lust though not around the staff. So Lust had an idea that could help Jennie from falling asleep. And that is by being by her side until she drifts off. One problem would be the girls; the three girls are still under their schedule, while Jennie has been given the time to rest until she's ready to head back into the workforce. The only person or perhaps a demon that she could only trust was Lust. Therefore Lust had no choice but to ensure that Jennie gets enough sleep while the rest went out to their separate jobs.

At first, Lust would be sitting on the chair while Jennie drifts herself to sleep but would jolt back up from a flash of nightmares. On their second attempt, the demon decided to sit close by the bed and even narrated a story for Jennie to dream about. However, the results are the same. The third attempt was Lust sitting beside the poor woman, just enough for Jennie to sense their warm presence; surprisingly, it did work. The demon thought that if they were to be close while the woman was asleep, she might frighten the woman and potentially trigger a panic attack. But it was the opposite. Lust sighed in relief when they finally succeeded. Jennie is now sleeping longer than she has been for the past few days.

Jennie turned her body to Lust; they looked to see the woman's hand searching for something to embrace. When her hand brushed on Lust's hand, she quickly pulled it to her chest; Lust felt her palm resting on Jennie's cheek. Indeed her cheeks were soft to the touch, and even a slight pinch could be an addiction to keep squishing. It's like a bubble wrap that you would pop for hours until it runs out. It's the same feeling.

But Lust didn't want to stay in an awkward position for hours, so she had no choice but to pull her hand away and put herself closer to Jennie. When the woman felt a sense of body heat moving closer, her hand automatically wrapped itself around the demon's waist. It was a tight embrace but comfortable in a way you would want to stay in. The kind you would need when you are having a bad day.

Lust noticed a hair blocking the woman's face, so they gently moved it to the side of her ear. Just so that Jennie can sleep comfortably.

Some days have passed, and Jennie is now comfortable enough to sleep on her own. However, Lust continues to observe the young woman. They sighed as they read a book on the chair when suddenly a door gently opened. Jisoo peaks inside to see the young woman sleeping. She sighed in relief since she did not disturb Jennie's slumber.

"Good, she's asleep," Jisoo whispered as she tiptoed her way to Lust.

"Why yes, not a single jolt yet, which is a good sign." The demon informed.

Jisoo nodded before sitting beside Lust. The two stared at Jennie, who was snoring quietly.

"I never got the chance to say thank you." Jisoo started.

Their brow rose in confusion. "Oh, this is nothing. I have to make sure she's getting enough sleep," Lust spoke.

"It's not just that." Jisoo paused. "It's for saving her as well." She added.

Lust stared at the woman beside them before quickly looking elsewhere and leaning back in their chair.

"I never expected for him to do that, and the fact that we all didn't know what he was doing. What if we never knew, and it kept going until the collaboration is done? Then we didn't have justice." Jisoo said. "But because of you. You were able to help her out of there. So I thank you, we owe you a lot."