CHAPTER 14: Promise Is A Promise

KANE

Throughout the last couple of weeks in not talking with Harlie or seeing her, I was busy with business as usual except this time, I couldn't find a moment to concentrate and came close to screwing up on a few shipments.

I regret saying what all I did and she was right, I was in the wrong. I especially regret calling her a slut. I do truly feel bad for all of that and after much talking from Franklin as well as Markus throughout the last week, I finally had decided to try and apologize.

I won't lie neither in that I have been worrying about her and wondered if whether or not she even did go through with agreeing to do business with Rocco.

Today I really needed to finish up a few loose ends at one of my warehouses and once I was finished with that, it was close to around dinner time and decided I would ask her out to dinner and apologize that way.

However, when trying to reach her, I kept getting her voicemail and since I hate leaving messages, for many reasons, I called up Franklin.

He began informimg me she met up for dinner with Rocco to discuss possibly doing business with him and I began feeling the anger rise up into my chest now and when I asked about why he wasn't with her, he explained she made him stay home because he was sick with a bad cold but that she had men with her.

Although that made me feel a little more relieved that she had men with her, I still couldn't stop from feeling worried s bit.

However, a few hours pass by and I can't stop thinking about what is going on if she is hurt or not (knowing Rocco), I was going to try and call her again when suddenly I heard my phone go off.

Once answering it, I heard a panicked and distraught Franklin tell me that one of the guys that had gone with her, called him stating that all of them were shot including himself and from what it sounded like, he was telling him this before dieing while still on the phone.

Franklin already sent more guys to go and get her but I wasn't going to let them have all the fun and hurried to grab my guys.

We all piled in a few cars with crowbars, guns, metal pipes and any other weapons we could think of along with my special knife I enjoy using and brass knuckles as we headed towards where she was at.

I swear to God if they do anything to her....

We seemed to have all pulled up just in time and nearly at the same time as the men Franklin had also already sent over. None of us hesitated and we hurried to begin beating the men.

Now sure we could have used our guns, but from what I was seeing they tried doing to her and after seeing them kill the men who were with her, they didn't deserve a quick death.

I immediately targeted Rocco and yanked him off of her then we got right into it and at first I tried pulling out my knife to use but he somehow managed to knock it out of my hand. So I immediately began beating him with my brass knuckles.

We begin throwing blows at one another, with mostly him receiving them as I am real good at blocking. Besides, the few blows he managed to ever get in weren't that bad.

Soon I found myself on top of him, holding him by his collar to look at me as I continued beating him in the face. This mother fucker was going to be unrecognizable when I was finished with him.

I wanted all of them to suffer and drown in their own fucking blood.

Next thing I knew, most of his men I noticed were either dead or on the verge of dying. While Rocco and the rest were still alive just BARELY.

I thought we would leave them there until they took their last breath, while I turned and picked up a shaken and terrified Harlie.

Harlie cried from the time we got into the car.

Throughout the entire car ride to my house, she held onto me tightly as I held her and had placed my jacket over her.

Then as soon as we entered the house I told one of my guys to call the doctor and have him get over here quickly while I carried her upstairs into my bedroom.

The moment I laid her down, she winced loudly in pain and I became angrier at Rocco and his men.

I try and head to the bathroom to wet a wash cloth and try to wipe some dirt off of her along with some dried blood while grabbing some towels for her so she can take a shower if she wants to.

"No. Please don't leave." She says as she grabs my arm to stop me from going.

I looked down at her hand and then see in her eyes how scared she is.

"I'm just going to grab a wet cloth and grab you a towel to take a shower, if you wanted, or a bath." I tell her.

She nods and then tries to slowly sit up.

"No. You stay right here for right now. My bathroom is right there." I pointed towards a few feet in front of us.

"I'll take a shower and clean myself up that way." She says.

"Okay." I nodded then she held my hand as I helped her up.

I know that she wasn't raped but, by the way she is moving right now, I know she was hurting.

I handed her a couple of towels and then right as soon as I start closing the bathroom door, she stops me again.

"Wait. Can you please stay at least in the room?" She asks me.

My god, she is so fragile right now and it KILLS me.

"Of course." I smiled.

Once closing the door, I stand there for a moment thinking about how disgusting I know I look and yet know that I need to get cleaned up. But I am going to wait for her to get out. I'm going to stay right here as long as possible.

I heard a knock at the door and when opening it, saw it was Markus.

"Hey boss. The doctor's on his way and so is Leila with a pair of clothes for Harlie." He says.

"Thanks. She'll be fine." I assure him.

"Good." He nods. "Well, why don't you use the guest bathroom to get cleaned up too." He suggests.

"Right now she's taking a shower and made me promise to stay with her until she got out." I tell him.

He is a bit surprised but then smiles a little and almost makes me smile before I just roll my eyes and close the door.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)
Decided to post two chapters today! So enjoy! 😁