"Yo, are you okay?"

Niel coughed. "I am fine."

"That doesn't look fine to me."

Niel just gave him a look and tried to circle around his friend to make his way to the vending machine.

"Where're you going?"

"To get some chips."

"Oh." Lucas followed him around until they both stood in front of the machine. Niel tried to put money in it but wasn't successful and started to punch the glass. "Hey, hey, hey, chill out. Let me help."

The blond boy took the money from his friend, put it in, dialed the number, and got the chips from the machine. "Here you go."

"Thanks."

Niel took the chips and tried to walk away again until Lucas stopped him. "Hey, are you all right." Niel quirked up a brow. "You are stress eating again."

"No, I like chips you know that."

"Yes, I know, but I also know you are very strict about eating them and you eating them this early in the morning says enough for me." Lucas started Niel down, in a way to get some answers out of his friend. He knew Niel couldn't handle it. When he still couldn't get answers out of Niel he started to ask questions because even though he didn't want to believe the gossip as it was crazy already after last Friday's game, he was still curious about this new gossip he heard.

"So is it true?"

"Is what true?" Niel asked.

Lucas cleared his throat as he turned away his gaze. "A-are you gay?"

"What?! No, of course not." Niel started to breathe heavily, now his only friend started to aggravate him as well.

"Wow, wow, chill dude. I am sorry, I couldn't help it." Lucas held up his hands trying to calm down Niel. "Shall I take your bag?"

"No, it's fine." Lucas didn't listen, however. He took the bag without listing to Niel's words.

The whole day Lucas stayed close to Niel in an attempt to protect him from Jasper's clique. It did work to keep Jasper away from Niel but not from other people. Many seniors kept staring at him or asking him if he was gay. Some weren't as polite and just accused him of being gay. It was infuriating Niel. During his childhood days and teenage years, he was told over and over again how bad it was to be gay. He was told to like girls, and find a submissive girl to marry to watch over and protect. To have children and make his parents proud. It was engraved in his mind and he was planning on doing just that. Although he wasn't busy with girls or getting a girlfriend during his high school he always knew that interest would come and if it didn't come in junior year, it would in his senior year. And if it didn't come in his senior year it would come during college.

He was sure of it.

There was one thing Niel noticed. The whole day he hadn't seen any sight of Daisy.

When school was over Niel felt relieved. He felt like he could finally breathe as he put his school books in his locker and made his way out of the building. His relief was short-lived, however, when he entered the parking lot.

Atlas showed up. He actually showed up. There was a small hope in the teenage boy he would have listened to him. But no.

But what was even more concerning was the fact his father had shown up at his school. His father!

Niel didn't even dare to look at Atlas anymore. Too afraid people and mostly his father would connect any dots. He made his way over to his father as quickly as possible to prevent any scene.