Chapter 4 because- you know why

STILL Kai's POV (when will this be over? soon, i promise)

No-one asks questions until we're back at the Bounty. That's when I'm loaded with them. I try to answer as many as possible, but it hurts. They're making me recap almost everything Jay and I did together. Lloyd's the only one not asking questions. He's looking at me worriedly, wondering if this is okay. My first instinct is to pretend everything's fine, but I decide I should really stop doing that. So when Cole asks yet another question, I stop him and shut it down. "Stop. Just stop. I don't want to share everything Jay and I did with all of you like this. It was our thing, they were our moments. You know everything you need to know, the rest is none of your business." I leave to the cabin before anyone can say anything else.

It's only a few moments until Lloyd's there, too. "Hey."

I don't respond.

"Do you want me to leave?"

I shake my head. "No."

"Okay." He sits down next to me. We sit in silence for a moment. "Do you want to talk, or..."

"No."

"Okay." He repeats. We're quiet for a few moments, then he hugs me. "Everything sucks."

"Everything sucks." I repeat his words.

As much as I love Lloyd, if he's the only thing I have left, it's not worth living for.

Man, I'm sorry.

Jay's POV

A girl walks into the igloo. As soon as she notices I'm awake, she exclaims a soft 'ooh' and leaves again, coming back with a stone cup full of water. Before giving it to me, she helps me sit up.

My voice is still gone, so to show my gratefulness, I smile and nod at her. I scan her; She's wearing a purple dress that looks exceptionally warm. Her eyes are a sharp green, sharper than Lloyd's, unlike I've ever seen. And her long (like really long) hair is pitch black. I'm not sure about her age, but I'd say she's somewhere between 16 and 19.

"You're awake!" She remarks. "What's your name?" She asks, then apparently thinks it was rude to do so, and adds; "Sorry, I've always been a little too curious."

I want to tell her it wasn't rude and that my name is Jay, but I still can't. I show her my voice is gone and she tells me to wait here.

Not that I have a choice.

From my seated position, I can take in the interior of the hut-igloo-whatever-thing much better. It's not very big, so it's no wonder there's only space for the bed I'm on, another bed on the other side of the room, a table and two chairs.

The girl comes back with a feather, ink and multiple pieces of paper.

"Here. You can write down whatever you wanna say."

Thank you, I write. I'm Jay.

"Hey, Jay! Ooh, that rhymes. I'm Melissa."

How did I get here? I ask.

"Uhhhh, a few travelers said they found you in a pile of snow, unconscious. They took you with them and dropped you off here. They asked our tribe to take care of you since they couldn't do much for you. They left shortly after."

A pile of snow? That might be what broke my fall. Enough for me to survive, that is.

"My father and I took you in. I let you sleep on my bed and slept on the floor myself. We asked the town healer for help, but she said there wasn't much she could do. She said it was a miracle you were even alive. She still tried as much as she could, and improved your condition slightly. She said she healed most of the breaks in your bones, but your legs were paralyzed indefinitely."

Indefinitely?

Shoot. Frick.

How long have I been out? I ask now. I realized a moment ago the others watched me fall down that cliff, and since I'm here and they're not, they must think I'm gone. How long have they lived with that belief now?

"Uh, I'm not sure. The travelers had you with them for, like, two days, but you've been out for almost two weeks..."

Oh, shoot.

I really need to get to Ninjago City to find the others.

They probably think they've lost me!

Oh my god, all of them. Cole, Lloyd, Zane, Nya, Pixal, Wu...

And Kai.

I know how fragile he is. In no universe is he taking this well. I need to get back before he's too deep in.

He may act like he's made out of diamonds, but I know he's as breakable as glass. Drop him off of the smallest of ledges and he could shatter into a million tiny pieces. And this... He watched me fall down a cliff. He's gonna shatter HARD.

At least I can trust Lloyd's taking care of him. Their friendship would take a lot more to be broken. And I know Lloyd's a great guy. He'd do anything to help Kai put the shards of his life back together.

You'd think I'd get jealous of Lloyd every once in a while because of how close he is with Kai. And to be perfectly honest, I'd be lying if I said I've never been jealous of him. But after Kai told me he loved me for the first time, I realized I had no reason to be jealous of anyone.

I know him best out of everyone, so if anyone knows how afraid Kai is to show weakness, it'd be me. And love...

Love is beautiful and petrifying. Amazing and terrifying. It can feel like you're floating on a croissant (please someone get the reference, if you do I LOVE YOU), but it can also make you feel like anyone that tried could strike you down and kill you.

So when he said, 'I love you too', I knew there was no way he'd love anyone more than me. And no way he'd ever cheat on me.

I actually cried a little.

Damn, I miss Kai.

Do you think I'll walk again soon? I need to get home, my friends are probably worried. I write.

"I'm not sure, sorry. I don't know much about healing. I've been avoiding training for as long as possible, but in a few months, I will legally have to start. Nobody has the knowledge of the town healer, though. I'll go get her, actually. Be right back, yeah?"

I nod, showing her I agree she should get the town healer.

Melissa seems nice. Glad I could make a friend in this chaos.

She soon comes back with an older woman who's wearing a dark blue dress and has eyes that same color.

"So, the young man has finally woken up." The healer states. I nod.

"He lost his voice, he can't speak." Melissa informs her.

"I see." The woman studies me the same way Master Wu studies scrolls.

"He wanted to know when he'll walk again. He wants to go home." Melissa explains.

"Oh, heaven knows. I've told you already, my dear, his survival is a miracle. I am a skilled healer, but his case is unlike any I have ever seen. He should be content with his ability to move his upper body, it's only lucky he can."

I frown. She has no idea when I'll walk again. If I'll walk again.

Well, this is just great.

Word count - 1179

Jay update letsgo

Suggestions open, questions can be asked, my mistakes should be corrected

Hope you liked it

Bye peepzelz <3