Early Birthday Gift

Chapter 24

What! You let her go alone? So what she commanded you the Queen is never to go into the mirror alone.

Shahid hopped up dressing himself he hopped on his horse heading to the second mirror bordering the shadow lands on the east.

He went to the mirror the book's she tossed through on top of the trap they set.

Get the books the shadow's grabbed the book's give it! You're sure it will burn? Why? Dark magic? How can you shadow's hold the sacred book's? That's right you were forged from dark magic by the half dead's to protect Etharkia.

How many more minutes? Fourteen? Shahid sat on his horse checking his gold watch gifted to him by Samira from the mirror.

Her horse was uneasy Shahid looked around him there was nothing unusual. Shahid dismounted walking into the brush a baby dragon hatchling screeched at Rashid for help.

When he looked at the dragon he inhaled shocked. STIFLE YOURSELVES!

He urged the red dragon to come to him by sitting on the ground. The dragon hopped on his lap Shahid placed him withing his rider's robe's.

The shadow's handed him several long earth worm's from a wet muddy near by pit. He fed him all seven you were hungry? Look at me talking to you like Samira does Hunter.

Samira ran into the mirror jumping over the large pit the shadows caught her mid air drifting her on solid ground.

She breathed heavy. Shahid hopped down what the hell were you doing in the mirror alone are you crazy woman?

Good morning Shahid how are you? Shahid inhaled angrily staring at Samira who puckered her lips smiling. Go on she teased moving her lips in and out.

An angry Shahid pecked her smiling her easy demeanor breaking his icy exterior.

Samira hopped her horse and the couple rode back to the shadow lands where Hunter waited for her. Hi baby kissing his nose. He screeched at her. You too? He flew off flapping  dirt on her as he took flight.

That's great she yelled the shadow's brushing her off. Damned dragon! The demon's chuckled at her cursing the sacred beast.

Samira went inside with Shahid your birthday is Saturday six day's what do you gift the woman who has everything?

I don't know because I don't have everything Sha snacking on popcorn.

Close your eyes. Sha wait till Saturday! If it could wait it I would. Okay she shook her head mumbling. 

Open them baby.

SHAHID OH MY GOD!

Samira rode home after spending the morning with Shahid and Cypher by three o'clock she strolled into Waterstone.

My Queen prince Ahmad has been phoning all morning I'm afraid he is in route. That's fine.

Samira walked to Jakar's study room papa!

Where were you? Mirror. Mirror? Yes papa wait I--

Baby you know not to--

I know Jakar close the door and close the blinds. He did ask she asked.

Close your eyes. Are you going to stab me? The last woman had me close my eyes put a dagger in my thigh. Why Jakar?

I can't be faithful when Livi was in the mirror. Papa! Alright child.

Jakar closed his eyes open. Jakar popped up backing himself against the wall.

Papa! Jakar walked close the hatchling jumping in his arm's hurry get your grandmother.

Samira ran down the hallway Noni! Noni hurry! She ran back down the hall Lividia on her heels

Look! Lividia the hatchling cooed and low growled inviting her to him.

Where did he come from? The East!  The east Lividia scoffed.

The hatching jumped on Livi rubbing on her. He likes you Noni.

Samira took out the box of worm's  handing them to Lividia. He eays a lot!

Who gave you he Samira?

Who gave you a Two Headed Dragon?