Party Ready

Chapter 18

Samira woke up to her maid's excitement. They shook her early it's to early for this come back at one o'clock.

My Queen it's two o'clock. What time is the party Maddie? Eight tonight prince Ahmad is requesting an audience. Now? Yes my Queen. Maddie?

Yes Samira that's better did he fly in or ride in? He rode in Samira if he flies he comes  straight to your balcony.

Yes we know. Maddie giggled hot Ginger tea from the mirror please and show him in. Samira finger plucked her hair popping a soft mint in her mouth.

Good morning baby. Ahmad what are you doing here? Baby add three logs for the egg. How many weeks he been in there? Two weeks longer then the dragon's red or brown and no hatchlings out the egg pit and this one need three times the heat then the other's Hunter kept the fire open while I slept. I have a question baby. Yes? Who made hunter a flying wrap? Hehe I'm the Queen the people love me and apparently the children love Hunter so those are the scraps of all the children's baby clothing. That's adorable baby.

It has your baby silks Ahmad daddy and Cypher.

Cypher! She stared at Ahmad yes baby he was a victim of Rachelle way worse then you where is your compassion?

Cyper hit you in your head and tied you up I my compassion went out the door when his did. He know's laying a hand to a woman is breaking the law there aren't enough women here as it is so to hit one is a major crime. That's why when women break the law they get sentenced to servitude they don't go to jail.

That's not fair Ahmad. How so baby? She shouldn't get a less time simply because she is female.

Ahmad sat baby i just informed you there is one woman to three men in Etharkia. Women have the babies you know this. If a woman steals she shout rot in prison during her child bearing year's or be allowed to nurture and raise her children while still getting pregnant and paying for her crime by being a maid or a cook?

Well what about the men? Samira's maid passed her a hot cup of tea in her mug from the mirror. Men here don't serve long sentences either baby. We don't have murder in Etharkia we have petty crime like theft or drunkenness or mistreatment of a Dragon or destruction of a Dragon egg. Ths dragon egg's are the worse of the crimes with domestic abuse as you call it a second to the dragon's. 

So a dragon is more valuable then a human woman? Samira's made smiled. No baby but if we abuse the dragons the holy half dead's take them away. How do you know this Ahmad he smiled because they told Obsidian when he was a young doublestone.

Samira picked up the phone to call Obsidian good morning daddy.

Good morning daughter are you ready for tonight? Yes daddy I am. I just approved Ahmad's engagement ring. Samira smiled it is pretty dad? Yes my love very forged from stones left as a gift by my father. Stones he found as a child playing in the sand's of Etharkia.

Sound's pretty daddy what did the holy half dead's say about dragon abuse? Obsidian sat back sipping dragon dung coffee.

They said people were being mean to the dragon's and hitting them and if it continued they would move them to another world. They are sacred creatures and on loan gifts to the people of Etharkia and if they can not respect the dragon's as family and love them as children they would take them away never to be seen again. They said i had to put a stop to it because I'm double stone. How did you?

I put law's in place harsh ones can you imagine telling your children we once had dragon's.

Samira shed a tear there are animal's on earth like that extinct. So I've read in some of your science journals. Oh Nat Geo yeah Noni ordered those I kept all the back issues. I'm glad you dis explains alot about the mirror. I'm glad you're enjoying them dad we will speak later? Yes baby go get ready daddy? Yes baby? I have a surprise for you.

Should I ask what now? No! Haha alright I'll be patient I love surprises. So I've been told.

Tell Ahmad come home the tailor's are waiting on him. Okay bye dad. Bye baby.

You hears that? Get out! Haha am I matching you Ahmad? I gave them my color's hopefully yes. Ahmad went in his pocket pulling another velvet bag.

You dont ha--

Open it Samira please. Samira pulled the strings opening the bag Ahmad...her breath was taken it's not for tonight any time after I made it myself from regular rocks and stones around Etharkia it only took me three year's.

Baby it's perfect I love it he put it on her natural stones thank you Ahmad. I thought you'd like something I hand made and not paid for. He looked away shyly what's wrong? Ahmad picked up his hand waving at Maddie who scurried out the room.

Samira do you love me? Why are you asking that?

I know you are betrothed to me, you were promised to me and I don't want you marrying me based on a promise baby. I want you to love me for me and not because someone said you had to love me.

I love you Ahmad or I would tell you so. When I first met you I didn't like you. Haha we've come a long way. Yes we have Ahmad did you know when you came to get me I was supposed to be your wife?

Ahmad smiled they said Lividia was in the hospital and you were all alone. They said I shouldn't go in the mirror and went in because...you were alone and afraid without Lividia. I was born so you wouldn't be alone or afraid so I didn't listen I went in to protect you and bring you home.

Even though the shadow demons tried to kill me. Hehe they are terrible. Yes they are he grinned I'm leaving baby I'll see you tonight I'm sending my carriage for you at seven.

Okay I love you Ahmad. I love you more baby.

Ahmad left her phone rang hello hi what are you doing? Ahmad just left what about you? Fighting with the tailors and your father at Firestone.

Got me looking like a--

Gentleman? I've never seen you dressed up I can't wait. Shahid smiled oh so you like seeing a man proper dressed? Yes it's called a tuxedo in the mirror. You have to show me photo's one day Samira.

Something in me says you're going to hate it Shahid. I mean people were dressed weird especially men dressed as women what was that about? That's a long story and I'll explain over a game of chess.

Haha yes my Queen see you tonight? Shahid? Yes my Queen? Who is your date? You he whispered. Bye. Bye Sam.

Samira smiled Maddie knocked and came in Samira please of you aren't ready they will blame me especially Prince Jakar he is hardest on us.

I'll speak with him Maddie. Thank you Samira before you came he was so sullen we ran the house for him with no concern from him.

Now he is showing he was raised as royalty. Hehe papa can be a handful I'll speak with him no worries come let us ready ourselves Maddie.

Guess what? What Samira? I'm getting married!

Hehe.