💀Critical: Part 58💀

Depuis le début

"I-Indeed..." Epel stuttered softly.

"From this one set of items we received from the 'S.T.Y.X' Staffs... The manual of emergency measures... There should be an emergency card key being kept at the security box inside the Asylum." Vil muttered out. "If Ortho still haven't set up a 'prank' at this place, then maybe the key is still there."

"Let's check it now." Rook said as they all spread out to find the security box. ".... The security box is... Ha! Vil, look at this!"

"!! The security box is destroyed, and the inside is empty." Vil gasped.

"Did Ortho-Kun came here before us? But this looks like it had been destroyed by a huge beast." Epel muttered out. "And the black gooey liquid that splattered around it...."

"Did the Phantoms steal the key by themselves.....?" Vil mumbled out.

"There are high intelligence Phantoms that can pretend to be a human and deceive us." Rook muttered out. "Maybe they are trying to use the key to get out from the cage."

"But we don't see them anywhere..." Y/n muttered out. "None of the cages seem to be open...."

"Are they perhaps.... Hiding somewhere to spy on us?" Epel muttered out.

"It could be. They are probably waiting to attack us and escape from here." Vil mumbled out.

"In the end, we have no choice but to open the cage one by one." Rook muttered softly.

"Out whereabouts is exposed to them, we are in a disadvantage position now." Vil said as he looks around. "Y/n, Epel. Stay behind me."

"Y-Yes! We will protect your back!" Epel stuttered out.

"... Let's go." Vil said as they soon got to work. "....!"

"Uwah! Why did you suddenly stop, Vil-San?" Epel yelped softly.

"Shh... I heard something talking." Vil whispered.

"... Beautiful dress.... Give it to me..."

"A woman's voice....? Where did it come from?" Rook whispered.

"She doesn't sound human...." Y/n whispered.

"Y/N-SAN! WATCH OUT!" Rook shouted towards Y/n. The next thing Y/n knew Rook pushing her out of the way as a Phantom attacks him instead.

"Ugh!" Rook grunted out.

"Rook-San! Your arm is injured!" Epel yelped out.

"It's just a scratch! Look at your surroundings first!" Rook said, holding his arm with his other hand.

"Shit, we're surrounded." Y/n cursed under her breath.

"There are many small Phantoms... Where did they come from!?" Vil yelped out.

"We are being surrounded!" Epel yelped out.

"Cute eyes.... Beautiful lips.... Shining crown.... I want it, I want it, I WANT IT!!!!!!!" The Phantom lunges towards Rook from behind.

"ROOK!" Y/n shouted as she pulled him out of the way just in time. "Okay, THAT'S IT!"

["Wither Thorns Of The Night!!"]

Before all the Phantoms could land a single attack on the Pomefiores, they were all wrapped up in vines and we're lifted up off the ground.

"I am SO DONE with this place!" Y/n growled out. With a wave of her hand, all the Phantoms were thrown into the River. They all screamed in agony as they melted away.

"Shiny hair.... Rosy cheeks.... Mine, mine, MINE!!!! ALL MINE!!!" The Phantom lunges towards Y/n. She got out of the way just in time.

["King's Roar"]

She placed her hand on the back of the Phantom and it slowly started to turn into sand.

"I'm not yours to take." Y/n huffed out as the Phantom screams for the last time before turning fully into sand. (A/n: I'd like to point out that the Phantom screams sound like the Abyss Mage's Screams.)

"Y/n defeated the Phantoms...!?" Epel yelped out.

"Hmph, she had enough of this place." Vil mumbled out.

"W-We somehow defeated them... Uh." Rook grunted softly.

'If only I noticed the enemy earlier!' Y/n thought to herself as she rushed to Rook's side. "I'll treat your injury now!" She stuttered out.

"Don't worry, it's just a small injury. I just feel a little sick after being splattered with blot." Rook said reassuringly to Y/n.

"Rook..." Y/n muttered in worry.

*BANG! BANG!*

"Something is knocking from the outside of the entrance!" Epel yelped out.

"It never ends, what is it this time!?" Vil yelped out.

"Jupiter... I'll defeat you.... Jupiter...."

"This voice is... Titan!?" Vil mumbled out.

"Let's leave the Asylum now and lock the door." Rook said to them. "It might hold for just a second, but it could buy us some time to attack it!"

"Hurry up!" Vil said as he grabs the Card off the floor and unlocks the other door. With no time to waste, they exit the Asylum.

To Be Continued~