💀Virtual Space: Part 17💀

3rd POV
".... You're really a genius at pissing people off with your talk." Leona growled out.

"Is Idia-San the one who order 'S.T.Y.X' to bring us here as a subject?" Azul asked.

"That's...." Idia muttered.

"The staff of 'S.T.Y.X' are not allowed to disclose this information to outsiders." Ortho said, butting into the conversation. "It's just, except the agents of 'S.T.Y.X' that were being sent to different country. We have information providers all around the world... That's all." The guys hummed softly, thinking of what Ortho had said to them. "Magic Technology Research Institute 'STYX'. We told you that we have been doing variety of research on blots for a long time, right? In particular, we have been focused on doing research to make effective use of Blot in safety."

"Make effective use of Blot... You said!?" Vil stammered, panic rose in him and the others.

"Is that so surprising?" Idia muttered out. "The sustainability of social, environment and economy is being discussed around the world. It's the same with Magic. The 'waste', which is Blots that we produce by using magic could also be one of the important energy resources. We need to recycle important resources.... Right?"

"Energy resources.... Hmm." Jamil hummed out, glaring at Idia.

"For that important research, you will forcibly capture wizards that could be used, huh?" Leona mumbled out. "What a wonderful activity the people from 'S.T.Y.X' have been doing." Sarcasm was practically oozing from Leona's words.

"We feel sorry for taking you here by force without even explaining the matters to you." Ortho said with sympathy. "But.... You guys didn't want to Overblot again, right? Above all, you definitely don't want to be the Phantom's seedbed, right? For that reason, it's important to know about your magic powers and the nature of your Blot. The 'SYTX' Headquarters has the world's latest inspection equipment. You can't get more accurate and detailed data other than this place. It's for your future self too, I hope you will accept this complete examination."

"You just keep saying things that sound nice." Vil sighed out. "The point is, 'You won't let us return to the campus if we don't cooperate with you in data collection', right?"

"... I'm glad you reached a quick conclusion, Vil Schöenheit-San." Ortho said to Vil.

"That's why, let's hurry up and finish this data collection. Look at the tablet in your hand." Idia said as the tablets powered up.

"What are you going to show us after the video?" Azul asked.

"NDA... A non-disclosure agreement. After reading and agreeing with the content, please sign it at the end of the page." Idia answered. "If you register your email address on the form, I will send you a copy of the download address."

"Huh? You brought us here by force and now you're telling us to sign the NDA?" Vil glared daggers at Idia. "Even letting someone with a weapon stay at the same place... This is the same as threatening!"

"Ah~ here it is. They type that will get angry and say 'It won't work!' even though they didn't read the instruction manual for the electric appliance until the end." Idia mumbled out with a sigh. "Can you please don't get into a fighting stance before reading it... This is also a contract to protect you guys. I said it before. If you don't hurt me, we won't hurt you. If you're willing to help us in data collection, we will provide you with the latest care for Blot. The examination takes about 24 hours. You just need to cooperate with us for 24 hours. Then, after the examination ends smoothly, you all will be dismissed happily together. I didn't want to do this kind of job either. I actually want to run the event of my favorite character now. If you want to leave as soon as possible, read it faster and sign it."