💀Ego: Part 49💀

3rd POV
"Please step back, I'll open the cage!" Jamil said to Leona.

"Getting all fired up, how annoying..." Leona muttered under his breath. "Enough with your kind advice, just do it already." With a blast of magic from Jamil, the cage opens up as a Phantom springs out. It was a quick and easy battle as the two knock the Phantom into the River and watch it melt away.

"Alright, it seems like the Phantom inside have disappeared." Jamil hummed out.

"Did you find the password?" Leona asked.

"Uhm.... Ah, found it!" Jamil holds up something in his hand.

"What's written in it?"

"It's.... Anyway, let's type in the password first." Jamil rushed over to the door as he typed in the password. To his surprise, it opened up. "It opened....! So the words just now are the correct answer."

"I thought that shorty was probably telling a lie, but it seems like I was wrong." Leona muttered out. "Then, what is the password?"

"... It's better not to know, I also feel uncomfortable now." Jamil mumbled out.

"Just tell me." Leona huffed out.

"... Phew." Jamil sighed as he caved in. "The memo is written 'Best!'."

"Best? Connecting it with the first word we found.... 'Do ur Best!'.... 'Do ur Best'!?" Leona growled. "Those guys.... They are fooling with us!!!"

"See, I knew you would get angry. That's why I didn't want to tell you." Jamil sighed out as they left the Asylum. As they left, the door behind them shut closed. "The stairs still continue. Just like before, the Phantom that escaped from the Asylum might be hiding somewhere. Besides, we didn't know when Ortho would appear again. We should be careful."

"Aside from the Phantom, we don't have to worry about the White Radish Sprouts and the Shorty for now." Leona added. "They seemed to be very obsessed with these 'games', but... In fact, they couldn't interrupt us remotely all the time when they were on the most bottom layer. In a passage like this, they can only set the Phantoms to attack us. But.... This method is quite complicated.... Hmm."

"I see, you're right about that." Jamil hummed out. "I've noticed something about Ortho..... When we were playing games during the evening and everyone was making fun of you for focusing on the game..." (A/n: I'm never gonna live that scene down.)

"Do you want to be turned to sand?" Leona growled out.

"I didn't say that. I was just saying 'When everyone was making fun of you'." Jamil said to Leona. "At that time, when Vil-Senpai and Idia-Senpai keeps on taunting you..."

"....." Leona's keeping it together to not turn Jamil into sand.

"I didn't feel Ortho's malice at all." Jamil mumbled out.

"Malice or whatsoever, robots don't have emotions." Leona huffed out. "He'll just say anything according to the accumulated data of his program. He's the kind of existence that doesn't have good or bad intentions." (A/n: there's something oddly endearing endearing about Leona having knowledge about Technology that it's close to an expert.)

"Yes, but just now, when you make fun of him for being a 'robot', he seems angry." Jamil mumbled out. "The 'surprise' he said is probably revenge.... From his speech and action, we can feel a strong malice. He's just like... A human."

"Human, huh...." Leona muttered out. "It's way more convincing if Idia is the one who input all that annoying behavior in him."

"GREEEEE!"