Chapter One

Chapter One

"I, Sloane Saros, believe that knowledge is the most important. It decides our grades, our scores to enter a university. In short, it decides our future. And that, my fellow school mates will be my focus if I become your student council president."  I spoke while maintaining my posture, imposing confidence on everyone's eyes.

"I believe how our teachers are working hard in order to teach us quality lessons. But I also believe that sometimes, other students just have different learning styles. I proclaim on adding programs and activities that can allow and further encourage us to do better and find learning more exciting once I win the elections. Knowledge is power, that's the quote I live for. Thank you."  I smiled as everyone clapped their hands.

The next presidential candidate, Zuo Hang stepped in front of the stage. He didn't even speak yet, but those silly fangirls of his were already screaming.

"Greetings to everyone, I am Zuo Hang, running as school president." He introduced and I rolled my eyes.  

"As someone who has studied here for years, I believe there were still some aspects in this school that we can still improve and akdnfndnfxodj—"

I simply tapped my foot while waiting for him to finish his long long tirade. It took him five minutes speaking in front and I didn't even bother to listen.

The last phrase I heard is;

"After all, there are so much more to life other than just succeeding. It's also about having fun. Because fun is actually the most memorable times."

"So we should just go play on the ground then?" I whispered, which was accidentally heard by everyone. I just forgot, my mic still is pointed in front of my lips!

"We can play right now if you want to, Miss Sloane." My eyes widened. I didn't expect Zuo Hang to turn to my direction and reply. He is looking at me instead of the audience, with a little smirk on his lips. His annoying smirk.

"I prefer playing with math formulas though." I snapped back. The shouts and cheers went louder, enjoying the little debate we're starting to have.

"That, we also can do."  His smirk turned into a grin. That's when I realized what I just said. Wrong move Sloane, Zuo Hang is the best in Math among us! !

But I can't remain silent. If I do, that would only mean that I lost in this small argument. If I can't retaliate in this little fight, how much more for bigger ones?

"You said 'fun' is the most memorable.  I think sports like basketball would better fit on the category." I smiled back and woah, everybody agreed; except him, ofcourse.

His smile faded. Hell yeah, Zuo Hang doesn't like games where you've got to be really competitive — physically. I am not very athletic, but I can say that I participated in many sports games before, and most of the time, I won.

He tried to smile yet there was was a hint of irony.

"But miss, you said 'knowledge' should be the main focus. So why don't we try taking math or english subjects instead? After all, the gymnasium is too full of students. There's no enough space for playing basketball." He retorted.

Damn this. It's like we simply forbid our own statements in order not to get in touch with each other's weaknesses.

I was still thinking for a comeback when the teacher clapped her hands once, indicating that the time is up and everyone should he returning to their classrooms. I don't know if I should've been relieved with that or not. I still haven't even fired back with his statement.